Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

No one at about 5 clubs in the world of which Barcelona no matter how much bartomeau fucked us, gives two fucks about winning the EL.

If anything it's an embarrassment, that cup would be put in the darkest part of the Barcelona museum & look at in shame & disgrace.

It's just out if competitive respect why we even put a team out for that shit.

jamrock

Aren't you the one that thinks getting dumped out of europe is fine because of a couple injuries?

Nah I'm the one who thinks winning the league after 3 years under the circumstances is hella impressive.

Or you the one who thinks we should be competing for the treble, while playing champagne football, after years of not winning anything without any regards for context? I think you are.

Or maybe the one that thinks winning the league + making it to the QF of the CL, is 100000x better than winning the league & not making the QF.

Lol

Rory

No one at about 5 clubs in the world of which Barcelona no matter how much bartomeau fucked us, gives two fucks about winning the EL.

If anything it's an embarrassment, that cup would be put in the darkest part of the Barcelona museum & look at in shame & disgrace.

It's just out if competitive respect why we even put a team out for that shit.

Ah must be trolling, do better. EL is a european competition that we can build on. Young players winning something like that would have been good for them. It's also cost us millions of euros getting dumped out early. Bartomeu might have fucked us but losing so early in europe has made things no better.

Rory

Nah I'm the one who thinks winning the league after 3 years under the circumstances is hella impressive.

Or you the one who thinks we should be competing for the treble, while playing champagne football, after years of not winning anything without any regards for context? I think you are.

Or maybe the one that thinks winning the league + making it to the QF of the CL, is 100000x better than winning the league & not making the QF.

Lol

Always funny to see on this forum people who think they're being super clever and then all they're arguing against is some huge straw man. do better.

jamrock

Always funny to see on this forum people who think they're being super clever and then all they're arguing against is some huge straw man. do better.

So you are that person. I figured..

Rory out here thinking, pep won the treble in first season.
Xavi is pep, pep is xavi. So no treble or close to it, equals failure.

serghei

The point was that Xavi's Barca was not able to perform at all in Europe, not even in a tier 2 competition like Europa League vs. tier 3 opponents like Frankfurt and United. That speaks volumes about what this team is capable atm and shows that it may stay quite the same in the near future too since there is no plan to change Xavi and no money for a serious overhaul.

I already told you. I will not judge a project 6-12 months in playing the games in Europe with the main players injured. Don't know what other answer you expect here.

Gnidrologist

If the sour grapes philosophy is the deal, then why not dump Copa right in the first leg by playing segunda2 youth? It's a mickey mouse with AIDS tournament compared to EL and does absolutely nothing for prestige or finances of the club, while taking away valuable energy for one and only relevant trophy. Laughable attitude.
As Rory said, if anything EL is good for some additional cash and getting team to prove itself against actual pro clubs. Xavi could prove that he isn't complete amateur at tactics too as you don't need tactics in LL.

jamrock

Ah must be trolling, do better. EL is a european competition that we can build on. Young players winning something like that would have been good for them. It's also cost us millions of euros getting dumped out early. Bartomeu might have fucked us but losing so early in europe has made things no better.

La Liga is what we are building on, after not winning jack for years.
Thanks

serghei

If the sour grapes philosophy is the deal, then why not dump Copa right in the first leg by playing segunda2 youth? It's a mickey mouse with AIDS tournament compared to EL and does absolutely nothing for prestige or finances of the club, while taking away valuable energy for one and only relevant trophy. Laughable attitude.
As Rory said, if anything EL is good for some additional cash and getting team to prove itself against actual pro clubs. Xavi could prove that he isn't complete amateur at tactics too as you don't need tactics in LL.

What the fuck are you talking about?

We played the United tie with the best players available almost except for Balde, and had a go at it, and barely missed out by a goal, with them time wasting at home with ball boys hiding the balls in our throw ins...

Missing 3 starters in Pedri, Gavi and Dembele in the return leg.

We tried to go for every trophy, while prioritizing the league, after we got out of CL, which is without any shred of doubt the smart thing to do.

delancey

If Xavi were in charge of Manchester City, he would still get knocked out in the group stage of the Champions League and eliminated from the first round of the EL.

Our tactics are atrocious, absolutely no attacking pattern, and our football is defensive and slow. He is a pragmatic manager. Valverde 2.0.

Now, if we were Getafe or some shit, it would make sense. However, Busquets probably earns as much or more per annum than the entire squad. Add to that, our squad is the envy of Europe. It is up to Xavi to make it tick beyond cross and inshallah.

Great managers do not need to rebuild. Results may take time, but a clear pattern of play is instantly recognizable. With Xavi, I see 1-0 results by using one of the best squads in Europe. And some luck.

Defensively, he excels. I will give him that.

Oh, and whomever said that our net spend last season was 40m? No! That is like buying a porche one year for 100,000, selling it the next year for 50,000 and buying a new one for 100,000 and claiming that its cost was only 50,000. We spent a lot of money on great players last season who are greatly responsible for our success in LL. It aint our tactics ;)

Oh and what happens when something does not go to plan? How do Xavi and Oscar change their tactics? ????????

But let us renew Busquets and Roberto and Alonso. Wonderful.

jamrock

What the fuck are you talking about?

We played the United tie with the best players available almost except for Balde, and had a go at it, and barely missed out by a goal, with them timewasting at home with ball boys hiding the balls in our throw ins...

We tried to go for every trophy, while prioritizing the league, after we got out of CL, which is without any shred of doubt the smart thing to do.

That's all anyone with sense is saying, including everyone at the club

League is the priority, everything else after and we won't risk the league to prove anything in the freaking EL.

Not that it came to that.

serghei

If Xavi were in charge of Manchester City, he would still get knocked out in the group stage of the Champions League and eliminated from the first round of the EL.

Our tactics are atrocious, absolutely no attacking pattern, and our football is defensive and slow. He is a pragmatic manager. Valverde 2.0.

Now, if we were Getafe or some shit, it would make sense. However, Busquets probably earns as much or more per annum than the entire squad. Add to that, our squad is the envy of Europe. It is up to Xavi to make it tick beyond cross and inshallah.

Great managers do not need to rebuild. Results may take time, but a clear pattern of play is instantly recognizable. With Xavi, I see 1-0 results by using one of the best squads in Europe. And some luck.

Oh, and whomever said that our net spend last season was 40m? No! That is like buying a porche one year for 100,000, selling it the next year for 50,000 and buying a new one for 100,000 and claiming that its cost was only 50,000. We spent a lot of money on great players last season who are greatly responsible for our success in LL. It aint our tactics ;)

OK, the level of dumbness here is reaching astronomical levels with this post. I'm out before I lose any brain cells. I'm afraid a damage has already been inflicted after reading this tripe.

jamrock

Our NetSpend was 100% 40m last summer, this is just a fact that would be & has been repeated by anyone who knows anything about football.

I remember watching sky sports & ESPN where they said, it's impressive that Barcelona managed to rebuild the squad with a net spend of 40m euros.

This is a pretty standard way if looking at things. Even the fucko I dislike the most here, said Barcelona has a good summer with a NetSpend of 40m or whatever the exact amount was.

So you clearly don't know what you're talking about, educate yourself.

which was made even clearer with the gem, great players are the ones responsible for winning the league.

So basically like every single title in the history of human civilization? Great take that smh.

Pep is winning the league, with D4 players.

Brah this breaking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans