Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

At the end of the season, there are 4-5 big winners, some not so big winners, and the rest are various types of losers.

The 4-5 big winners are the winners of the CL, and the winners of the big 2-3 leagues. So, CL winner, Barca, Napoli, and City/Arsenal.

This is pretty much undeniable.

From this we can also talk about things to improve, errors we made, transfers that were good, others not so good, how to further improve, and so on.

JamDav1982

I can agree with 2005 being the biggest one, but this one comes after it, because it is the first big title for this club in the last 3 years, and with one of the worst squads we've ever had in the last 20 years.

More shite.

Better squad than had in last 3 years by far is more accurate and Xavi coming in was first time squad was not getting weaker also.

Stop these constant shitty angles to over play everything Xavi does.

Porque

It's a big win. But if we just look at the sporting side where we invested heavily on a side that finished 2nd the previous year, and 3rd the one prior to that then it is not that impressive on paper. And sporting wise, you can't top treble seasons which are basically the epitome of club football achievement.

Of course, all the off the field controversies and challenges definitely raises it's importance on an institutional level.

So yeah, I agree with Serghei on that one if we take in the whole context.

serghei

More shite.

Better squad than had in last 3 years by far is more accurate and Xavi coming in was first time squad was not getting weaker also.

Stop these constant shitty angles to over play everything Xavi does.

That's true, last year's squad was the worst. But we didn't get close to any league win did we? :lol:

JamDav1982

No Barca fan in their right mind would think this league title is 'more important' than 2009 or 2015.

Same folk now saying 'Barca had to win' were in summer saying 'dont expect Xavi to challenge fo years' but were told this team would.

serghei

No Barca fan in their right mind would think this league title is 'more important' than 2009 or 2015.

Same folk now saying 'Barca had to win' were in summer saying 'dont expect Xavi to challenge fo years' but were told this team would.

You don't even understand what is being said, and you bring up CL success from those years. :lol:

JamDav1982

You don't even understand what is being said, and you bring up CL success from those years as if that's what is being said. :lol:
Nope I am not.. I am saying that Barca winning thos league titles in thos years to show such dominance and contribute to treble etc are far more important.

You just make shitty claims.

No Barca fan in right mind places this one higher and like it or not being so shit in Europe and style of football matters.

Barca are fairly roundly mocked this season despite winning league.

Hypothetical but remove this title now from Barcas history or 2009/2015 what one is it?

Honest answer is an easy one.

Gone from 'Barca need time no one should expect title' to now 'most important title ever.. Barca had to win'.

serghei

Last season was a whole mess particularly first part.

You were told squad is better than you made out when claimes wouldnt win for years.

Of course squad is better this year than the last year lol. Everyone can see that. I'm comparing it to squads from previous years obviously, when we had a lot more quality than we do today. Also obvious to anyone really.

JamDav1982

Of course squad is better this year than the last year lol. Everyone can see that. I'm comparing it to squads from previous years obviously, when we had a lot more quality than we do today. Also obvious to anyone really.

Yes squad is better and more settles than has been in years.

Xavi been given hundreds of millions to spend to make team better and had a core of very good young players and others lke FDJ/Dembele/MATS etc there.

Barca prior to that in recent years not had all that at all.

ajnotkeith

I can agree with 2005 being the biggest one, but this one comes after it, because it is the first big title for this club in the last 3 years, and with one of the worst squads we've ever had in the last 20 years.
Squad quality relative to the league is most relevant.

Check top scorer list for LaLiga now and any list from like 2017 backward. Guys like Joselu are competing for Pichichi at the moment, in 2015 he wouldn't even make top15 in his life.

League used to be far better so have to consider that as well when going with the squad angle.

JamDav1982

That argument works both ways.

The Real and Atletico teams that have won league in last few years would were nowhwere close to those previously in La Liga either.

JamDav1982

Squad quality relative to the league is most relevant.

Check top scorer list for LaLiga now and any list from like 2017 backward. Guys like Joselu are competing for Pichichi at the moment, in 2015 he wouldn't even make top15 in his life.

League used to be far better so have to consider that as well when going with the squad angle.

Quality of opposition, style of play, how do in league while competing in other competitions, where La Liga is considered in European football etc.

Al matters.

Hence why 2009, 2011 and 2015 are all far more important to Barcelona as a club.

Folk now saying Barca 'had to win' and Xavi achieved it were saying Barca couldnt win for years at start of season so dont expect anything of Xavi on that front.

Heres how this works... moronic claim about this being 'most important league title in 20 years' is made to over state Xavi this season. Then it gets rightfully rubbished and anyone who argues against it is 'Xavi hater'.

Usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans