Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

It's a big win. But if we just look at the sporting side where we invested heavily on a side that finished 2nd the previous year, and 3rd the one prior to that then it is not that impressive on paper. And sporting wise, you can't top treble seasons which are basically the epitome of club football achievement.

Of course, all the off the field controversies and challenges definitely raises it's importance on an institutional level.

So yeah, I agree with Serghei on that one if we take in the whole context.

Yea which is why I see where he's coming from and said a argument could be made, it's the whole context.

Not that this season is the best or will be remember around the world for years to come.

It's just in the moment where the club was, combination of on and off the pitch, it's easily the worst we've been in years, bleeding money on players who didn't deliver, as roque said who knows better than all of us, on the brink of going bust.

In that context an argument can be made that's it's the most important.

Not best, not the one fans will remember, none of that stuf.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barca were never on 'brink of going bust'.

Usual shite.

Nowhere near most important title to Barca in last 20 years either.

Good to win it nonetheless and need to build on it and compete in league and Europe.

jamrock

The 40 year old waste man, knows more than the highly success professional who was looking at the numbers.

Oh look at me, I'm smarter & know more than everyone, but I can't seem to put into practice in my real life, oh darn.

JamDav1982

Nope you are wrong.. Barca were never in any danger of going 'bust' as there was always clear way out of it to anyone who came in.

Do better... Barca were never in danger of going bust... from loans, to levers to private investment.. was never going to happen.

As usual Jamrock mouthing off on things he has no idea about.

jamrock

Just because theirs is a way out of a situation doesn't mean the situation isn't bad Mr Garbage man.

The mere fact that we had to do all we did, only proves how fucked we are.

JamDav1982

The Barca 'were saved from going bust' argument is the one of a pleb who states it in some imaginary scenario where there were no clear options to get out of it.

Anyone who came in was taking out a loan and reducing the wage bill. It had already started and league rules more or less made it no option but to cut back.

Barca could sell themselves in part to private investment tomorrow also.

There was zero danger to Barca going bust to anyone but a simpleton when take into account the ways out.

Barca were fucked but never in any danger of going bust unless choose to ignore the clear way out of it anyone would have taken.

Hence never in danger at all of going bust in reality unless for some bizarre decision let it happen rather than not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ramon Planes had an interview with Mundo Deportivo and basically said he left Barca because Xavi came with his own project and he realized Xavi would rather work with people he trusted like Jordi Cruyff so he left when when Alemany and Laporta requested him to reconsider.

Planes wasn't perfect by any means, but it's a pity he felt he had to leave. His youth scouting in particular was the best we've had in years. He also endorsed Vitor Roque and Claudio Echeverri for Barca for what it's worth and said we need to look at signing those type of players.

JamDav1982

Yeah that was clear really.

He initially agreed to stay then left as not really given any input to decisions.

Shame as could have probably made better decisions had they listened to him.

Birdy

Ramon Planes had an interview with Mundo Deportivo and basically said he left Barca because Xavi came with his own project and he realized Xavi would rather work with people he trusted like Jordi Cruyff so he left when when Alemany and Laporta requested him to reconsider.

Planes wasn't perfect by any means, but it's a pity he felt he had to leave. His youth scouting in particular was the best we've had in years. He also endorsed Vitor Roque and Claudio Echeverri for Barca for what it's worth and said we need to look at signing those type of players.
Laporta & Alemany wanted you to stay, but you left. Why?
| Planes: "I have a great relationship with both of them, but Xavi had a sports project of his own when he arrived and he wanted to bet on his own trusted persons like Jordi (Cruyff). I saw that it was not my place."

Pretty Clear!

So the club is fucked up at sporting level, and deprived of a great technical director, because Xavi wanted to implement a project of his own without having neither the expertise or the skills of a sporting director.

Fuck that shit man.
Pack him back to Qatar and install a sporting director.
In any decent club the project starts with the sporting director, not with the (inexperienced) coach...

Laporta is letting this happen. He is to blame for our mess

Porque

Shame. Xavi has Tony Khan syndrome.

He is winning the league and all, so credit where it is due, and has an idea of the profiles he wants, but players should be left to the SD who is focused on that area. Even City signed Maximo Perrone without Pep having seen him.

soul24rage

Shame. Xavi has Tony Khan syndrome.

He is winning the league and all, so credit where it is due, and has an idea of the profiles he wants, but players should be left to the SD who is focused on that area. Even City signed Maximo Perrone without Pep having seen him.

Pain, would have liked to see him here.

Co0ter

He or Laporta or whoever wanted to sell FDJ,

so we can sign Bernardo Silva you dummy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

you know the guy who his putting up masterclass perfomrnace vs Bayern in UCL

This guy man 🤣🤣
The best part about this is that you're a Busquets fanboi too. De Jong spends the entire game babysitting Busquets, while still managing to be our best player.

Silva is not only playing on a City team that is lightyears ahead of ours (the coach as well) but he gets to do so without having to hold Busquets hand all game. His game would undoubtedly struggle under the same circumstances.

Thanks for making my argument that much better.

Co0ter

Poor tactics.
Poor in game management.
Poor ability to get the best out of his players.
Poor attacking patterns (cross and inshallah).

Our play is always the same, despite who we face.

Injuries? Every manager faces injuries. What does that say about Xavi if we solely rely on individual quality?

Beyond that, our football is incredibly defensive, slow, predictable and boring to watch.
Exactly.

We aren't winning the league (vs the worst AM and RM in well over a decade) because of Xavi, we are winning it despite him.

We let him spend a bunch of money we didn't have as well and he flushed most of it down the toilet.

jamrock

I wonder why we couldn't win inspire of all those coaches that failed to win la Liga with the goat in our team. Lol.

A few of the xavi haters here even say, the most important players that have led us to win this league title were already at the club and we didn't need to spend on new ones.

So why didn't we win inspire of those coaches we had then, with that squad & the GOAT scoring goals for fun?.

Real Madrid league & European champions, about to make the CL SF again.

With the best GK in the world, one of the top 5 CB in the world, Benzema being Benzema, the best winger in the game.

Is shit & poore, the retarded shit I seen here.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

The best part about this is that you're a Busquets fanboi too. De Jong spends the entire game babysitting Busquets, while still managing to be our best player.

Silva is not only playing on a City team that is lightyears ahead of ours (the coach as well) but he gets to do so without having to hold Busquets hand all game. His game would undoubtedly struggle under the same circumstances.

Thanks for making my argument that much better.

What you on about?

I am a Frenkie de jong fan boy.

Busquets is just an icon of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans