Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

They don't come close to Pep, but they have proven record and there is evidence they are/can become WC coaches, if not Pep

Going by hoping a former legendary md of the club will be the next Pep is as stupid as it gets.
He was obsessed. Remember all the rumors about Pirlo? That he sees his Rijkaard in him?
All that crap

Yes but it is a numbers game and the number of 'legendary' midfelders is very small.

Nah he wanted Flick. Wasnt crap.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was reported Laporta had to be convinced to hire Xavi by his close friend and VP Rafa Yuste.

Birdy

Was reported Laporta had to be convinced to hire Xavi by his close friend and VP Rafa Yuste.
That's true, he thought he wasn't ready. It's a pity he didn't stick to that thought.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear:
he was not obsessed with Xavi in particular. He was obsessed with a specific mindset:
hitting a bull's eye with an unknown coach, because it once succeeded with Pep and Rijkaard.
Hence the rumors about Pirlo as well.

Redbuck

No top coach touches the Barca job.

There is a reason they end up with likes of Xavi.

They need to try and find one as dont give conditions any top coaches with options will want.... they hope that is Xavi
Yeah you're right. Most established coaches like clubs that are politics free, decision making power, and are financially stable, so we have to stick with coaches that were either our former players or those whose style of play rhyme with that of the club. I know this might sound funny but I think the former women's team coach Lluis Cortes and even the current coach Jonatan Giraldez should have been (for Cortes) and should be given (for Giraldez) the oppurtunity to coach the men's first team. Barca Femeni play excellent football, and are more FC Barcelona than their male counterparts. They are dominating in Spain, and most recently in Europe (even though OL Femenin is to Barca Femeni what Bayern Munich is to the men) bcos of them.

JamDav1982

Pshhh.

Gavi is a top talent (never said he’s as good as Pedri or Frenkie - yet) and Kounde is a top CB.

Nah you claimed Gavi is just as good as those two but they have had a head start and Barca better off to sell FDJ than Gavi etc...

Now it is all about him being 18.

Kounde is not elite on ball or a top CB as you made out either,

What does 'Xavi got'?

Just some random cliche is it..

mc_lovin

Nah you claimed Gavi is just as good as those two but they have had a head start and Barca better off to sell FDJ than Gavi etc...

Now it is all about him being 18.

Kounde is not elite on ball or a top CB as you made out either,

What does 'Xavi got'?

Just some random cliche is it..

Nah dude. Head start meaning they have 3+ years on him, which is true. Gavi will get there. And yes, I would rather sell Frenkie than Gavi.

Also Kounde is a top CB.

Also Xavi is winning the League. I know you thrive off misery, but that’s a cold hard fact.

JamDav1982

Nah dude. Head start meaning they have 3+ years on him, which is true. Gavi will get there. And yes, I would rather sell Frenkie than Gavi.

Also Kounde is a top CB.

Also Xavi is winning the League. I know you thrive off misery, but that’s a cold hard fact.

You claimed Barca would be better served selling FDJ than Gavi and Gavi is better than Pedri at 18. It is not even remotely close for them both at 18.

Absolute nonsense.

Yeah keep repeating Kounde is a top CB and elite on ball.... Come back when he starts to show it.

Well done to Xavi winning league but takes a lot more than that at Barca.

Do better.

mc_lovin

You claimed Barca would be better served selling FDJ than Gavi and Gavi is better than Pedri at 18. It is not even remotely close for them both at 18.

Absolute nonsense.

Yeah keep repeating Kounde is a top CB and elite on ball.... Come back when he starts to show it.

Well done to Xavi winning league but takes a lot more than that at Barca.

Do better.

He’s absolutely comparable to Pedri at 18, who made a big jump with 19. We will see if Gavi can do the same.

And while I absolutely adore Frenkie and defended him when people here wanted to crucify him, Gavi will have the bigger impact impact on the club. See you in 10 years xD

As for Kounde, he’s messy right now, but will prove in time he’s the best transfer last Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans