Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Marchena (Villarreal): "When our teams face each other, Xavi is happy if I'm not there and I'm happy when he's not there" #fcblive [el pais]

His way of putting it made me lol.

Silver

Thiago started great, but was kinda invisible afterwards. This match you saw clearly that Xavi and Messi are very important for the team.

BerkeleyBernie

He was missed today!

Actually, I thought Thiago did a great job, but should have been given the ball more. The greater absence was Messi in the midfield (instead of Keita).

Messi and Thiago started working it well- their pace of play is well matched.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
this is a bit old but I had found it in El Mundo Deportivo and thought it was just so true and then I found a brilliant translation of it today:

(against Athletic Bilbao in the Spanish cup the other day):

Xavi [...] looked up, scanned for the best options for players to lose their markers, and filtered a pass through to Messi, who had his back to the goal – placing it on his right foot, so that the natural spin would be onto his stronger left foot and the side where there were more Barça players – inviting him to lay the ball into the space where Abidal could connect with it. Messi placed the ball well forward so that the Frenchman would have no need to control it. If that first pass had been onto Messi’s left foot, he would have taken longer to turn and the defenders would have had time to stymie the move.

All of that takes 116 words to describe in reasonable detail. It took Xavi under a second to weigh up his options, come to a decision and make the goal that he had in his head happen.

it just made me go maaaaaaan!:worthy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans