Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

So there is significant context behind these 'how many CL goals' stats yet you don't want to mention them when it comes to defending our own players.

Yes, there is context, but context is useless for Pedri in CL. He has been exceptionally average in CL so far. As were most of our players not only him. Our youngsters have a lot to learn still.

serghei

Pedri's only games in CL at a high level to date is the PSG tie, were we got embarrased at home. So almost a complete rookie at this level.

serghei

You know... they still play football in CL. It's not a different sport :S

Football, sure, just higher level than usual. Pedri is a fine player, he just needs to prove it at a higher level. I'm simply against calling him a top class player until he proves it in CL.

Until he does that, he is a talented youngster for me.

JamDav1982

edri's only games in CL at a high level to date is the PSG tie, were we got embarrased at home. So almost a complete rookie at this level.
Nah. Pedri was class away to Juventus and this season best mid on park away to Inter and Bayern as well as very good at home to Inter.

Pedri has been class againt Real more than once also.. but let me guess that doesnt count as not CL and not same pressure or some shite.

Pedri also been best mid on park this past WC v Germany and best mid on park multiple times in Euros.

Much better player and in big games than your wee 'elite mentality' Gavi.

serghei

He has had good and bad games in CL. Not the topic at all. He hasn't done much in CL overall, and is yet to prove himself in CL knockouts were the main bussiness starts.

Other than De Jong and his Ajax season, there is not a player in this Barca side that is experienced in CL at the top and in his prime. And until people mention Christensen, he was not a starter at Chelsea.

JamDav1982

He has had good and bad games in CL. Not the topic at all. He hasn't done much in CL overall, and is yet to prove himself in CL knockouts were the main bussiness starts.

He has far more good games v big teams than you make out.

In Europe, domestically and for Spain.

Proven plenty much more than likes of Gavi the 'best ball winner in world' with 'elite mentality'

serghei

Yes, Gavi is another example of a talented player who has a lot to prove in CL next season.

This is the case for many players in our team, as I said, other than the veterans, most of them are very young, thus very unproven and unexperienced in such a tough competition.

Hard to be good in CL at barely 20 years old, so not a dig on Pedri at all.

JamDav1982

Yes, Gavi is another example of a talented player who has a lot to prove in CL next season.
Nope.

Gavi is not comparable at all to Pedri.

Barely had one top game v a good side and has some absolute shit shows Pedri hasnt... Real when more or less a second striker is it.

Pedri is levels ahead.

serghei

Nope.

Gavi is not comparable at all to Pedri.

Barely had one top game v a good side and has some absolute shit shows Pedri hasnt... Real when more or less a second striker is it.

Pedri is levels ahead.

OK, even more reason. Expecting to see this "levels ahead" next season. Didn't see it this season that's for sure. United would have been a good test, but he got injured.

JamDav1982

Been clear of Gavi this season by a long way.

The fact you dont see it is least unexpected revelation of the day.

This from you who thinks Gavi is 'best ball winner in Europe' and has 'elite mentality' that Pedri doesnt have and is currently a top player.

serghei

Most of what I say about Gavi is in terms of potential. Obviously not a top player either at 18 lol. :lol:

I told you numerous times that the squad is not that good. Needs a lot of work.

we have potential, but no top class players in their prime except for De Jong. Maybe Araujo too, but that's it.

JamDav1982

Serghie usual... Pedri and Dembele are over rated and dont turn up in Europe... excuses for Xavi and his 'poor squad'.

Serghie when Pedri and Dembele injured.... 'Xavi has no chance when injuries to key players like Pedri and Dembele;'.

Usual mental gymnastics.

Pedri and Dembele back to being over rated now coming back from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans