Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

Nah you lads are backing down on Gavi claims and current level.

Nowhere near as good as made out this season.

Well, he's not been good after the world cup like the whole team. But that doesn't mean I backed down :lol: Just calling a spade a spade.

He's a top-class player.

jamrock

If you really want Jamdav to go off, well more off because he's always going lol.

Just tell him every team on the planet with the possible except of man u, due to ETH, would take Gavi over De jong.

Right now, even with De jong playing the best most consistent football since being at Barcelona.

Lol.

JamDav1982

Well, he's not been good after the world cup like the whole team. But that doesn't mean I backed down :lol: Just calling a spade a spade.

He's a top-class player.

He was poor at WC and not great before it either and was all over the place at CM and had lost his place to FDJ before formation change.

Best games of season been Real in Supercopa which was after WC.

To make out he went downhill after WC is false. Dont think he had one top game before WC and lost his place as a sure starter.

JamDav1982

If you really want Jamdav to go off, well more off because he's always going lol.

Just tell him every team on the planet with the possible except of man u, due to ETH, would take Gavi over De jong.

Right now, even with De jong playing the best most consistent football since being at Barcelona.

Lol.

Yeah and you genuinely beleived that.

Hope still do.

FDJ in his whole time at Barca has been levels better than Gavi this season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gavi is a very good talent, but he has not performed like a top player this season. I feel like that is very obvious.

Like I've said before, he is 18 so it is expected that he is inconsistent which is why it's even more important to be judge him correctly and not get delusional about how he is performing.

I do believe we need a serious upgrade in his place if we want to be a CL contender again though because he right now isn't good enough at all which isn't unexpected from a guy as young as him.

IMO he's not half the talent Thiago was either so I'm not too worried about him leaving if he's so impatient that he demands getting starter minutes based on his performances.

mc_lovin

IMO he's not half the talent Thiago was either so I'm not too worried about him leaving if he's so impatient that he demands getting starter minutes based on his performances.

Gavi with 18 looked better for Spain than Thiago ever has. Have some faith.

DonAK

Gavi with 18 looked better for Spain than Thiago ever has. Have some faith.

Spain's team when Thiago broke through had Xavi and Iniesta being elite in the midfield with Busquets in his prime, a World Class Xabi Alonso, a World Class David Silva, a very good Cesc Fabregas and Javi Martinez in his prime as well who could play CDM and CB.

This Spain team got the likes of Fabian Ruiz, Dani Olmo, Soler, Ceballos ffs

jamrock

People lose me when they criticize gavi and include anything re last season, where he was straight CLASS no exceptions, no caveats nothing what do ever.

He was very good before the world cup as well, not as good as his first season, but teens tend to drop off in their 2nd season so that's to he except.

Since they WC he's been off.

DonAK

Not to mention even guys like Santi Cazorla, Juan Mata in his prime.

Dude that Spain team was gigantic.

Their 6th or 7th best midfielder would probably be the best or second best midfielder after Pedri in the current Spain NT setup lmao

What does that say about Thiago? You know, he's competing with them and should be close his prime.

That he is an injury prone 32 year old player who's hardly available for most games?

JamDav1982

Gavi was not top class last season.

He was not even in the team as a starter when Barca had their top form under Xavi and when got back in v Frankfurt etc was awful.

Was hot and cold which is expected of 17 year old.

Had some good moment for Spain and Barca and some good games but was not top class consistently if look past his age.

Was better than this season though.

He was just as poor before WC and lost his place as midfield starter. Best game been since the WC also.

mc_lovin

That he is an injury prone 32 year old player who's hardly available for most games?

He had his shot when Xavi and Iniesta retired and blew it. Looked shit most of the time when called.

Gavi on the other hand looked epic in the Nations Laegue at what? 16/17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans