Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

The league isn't worthless... Because we win it against Madrid, who are a consensus top team.

The rest of the league is weak tho.

Agree with everything you wrote

I mean I know it isn't, but the facts and comments re the league & us winning it, is here for us all to see, until the very end, most were pretty down on us winning it.

But yea re everything else

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I mean I know it isn't, but the facts and comments re the league & us winning it, is here for us all to see, until the very in most where pretty down on us winning it.

But yea re everything else

Nope they werent.

Some folk that go to extremes to be against Xavi maybe claimed that.

Those are just as bad as ones who go other way and completely ignore how poor Barca have been in Europe and point to league only.

JamDav1982

Should do it, after all, the team is amazing.

That all you got?

Better than when try to argue with reason to be fair.

Keep at I demand it.

Team beat your 'best in Europe Real with elite mentality monsters all over park' to be fair.

Must be 'amazing' that.

ajnotkeith

Should do it, after all, the team is amazing. And the manager beats Ancelotti, so surely he's good.
Point is for me, nobody is disputing Xavi is a very good league manager. Its clear over his time here he knows how to pick up points in LaLiga.

His application to Europe has been a lot worse. If he can get them two on similar footings we will be talking about a top manager.

For now he needs European performances before he can go from good to elite.

JamDav1982

Isn't this your argument lol? The team is great? I'm just hoping you know what you're talking about.

Argument is clear....

Would have City as favs, Bayern 2nd and Barca in group behind that where 50/50 ties really.

If you want to say that makes them 'amazing' then stick at it.

Knew what I was talking about a year ago when had debate on Real/Barca/Spurs etc to be fair.

Now could Barca over achieve or under achieve due to coaching,... yes. Like any other team.

serghei

Point is for me, nobody is disputing Xavi is a very good league manager. Its clear over his time here he knows how to pick up points in LaLiga.

His application to Europe has been a lot worse. If he can get them two on similar footings we will be talking about a top manager.

For now he needs European performances before he can go from good to elite.

That's true. But this applies to the team also. They have proved it in La Liga, but in CL they need to prove it before they can be considered big favorites.

Simple.

serghei

The team and Xavi are in the exact same situation. Close to challenging the elite teams, but not quite there yet, in a competition as intense and high-pressure as CL.

The draw needs to be good for us to make it far this year in CL.

JamDav1982

The team and Xavi are in the exact same situation. Close to challenging the elite teams, but not quite there yet, in a competition as intense and high-pressure as CL.

The draw needs to be good for us to make it far this year in CL.
As it does for almost all the teams you mentioned bar maybe City.

But having to beat Inter, Frankfurt or Man Utd to progress are not some 'tough draws' really.

If Barca get very 'unlucky' or 'lucky' with draw that all gets taken into account anyway.

If City has a shit first part of CL and finihes second in group to then draw Barca who finish top then going out in last 16 cant be held against Xavi too harshly.

Likewise if get a good draw or go out to first decent team they meet than that is on him if made errors etc.

Its not all purely how far team go either way.

jamrock

Luck/Opportunity plays a part in every team winning or going far in the CL, even the teams that were clearly the best like US, city and Madrid a few times, had a few things go their way and sometimes the opposite happens.

Which is why when fans acted like we didn't have a few things go against us last season in the CL is funny AF to me, luck both good & bad is about 25% of progressing in these types of situations.

It's about time ours turned, it's been shitty for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans