Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

Our team has improved massively over the past 18 months.

It's not perfect but pretty much no team is, we added depth to our CB, so no more Garcia & unfit pique when we get injures.

We really only need a RB and someone to replace Dembele's 6 months of availability and we will be fighting for la Liga until the end

JamDav1982

Yeah, for La Liga the team is good, But for CL... need major luck to even hit the quarters.

That's considering the injuries don't hit again even, Barca has quite an extensive list of players that get injured frequently.
No they dont.

Need to beat teams expected to beat and should be competing with any of them.

ajnotkeith

Yeah, for La Liga the team is good, But for CL... need major luck to even hit the quarters.

That's considering the injuries don't hit again even, Barca has quite an extensive list of players that get injured frequently.
You know bum teams make the quarters all the time right?

I feel like you are foreshadowing a potential early exit and getting ahead with excuses before it happens.

serghei

You know bum teams make the quarters all the time right?

Barca can too, just need some luck as I said. Say the group draw is good, Barca get 1st place, and then something like Brugges in Last 16, bam, easy QF.

No Camp Nou is a major problem too, I see people don't consider this.

mc_lovin

We should absolutely win La Liga as of now.

And should make a good run in the CL. Only City (by far) and Bayern (giving them the benefit of the doubt despite their last two or so years) are superior. No excuses for Xavi this time.

ajnotkeith

Barca can too, just need some luck as I said.
No, luck isn't necessary, much worse teams regularly make the quarters.

We should place 1st in our group as we are Pot 1 and from there we will draw a weaker team r16. There is no excuse not to make quarters now that we are guaranteed a easier group.

jamrock

We just need to make it out the group stage, no matter what's else the team does, even if we get relegated.

It's a successful season lol.

ajnotkeith

The problem is... If you can't beat teams like Inter or Benfica you have no chance of winning the competition or competing for it anyway. You have to beat those teams if you want to be considered a credible contender.

If we draw one of those for example and lose serghei will bemoan the 'hard' draw. But if it's not City, we can have the edge over anyone given fully fit squad.

serghei

The problem is... If you can't beat teams like Inter or Benfica you have no chance of winning the competition or competing for it anyway. You have to beat those teams if you want to be considered a credible contender.

If we draw one of those for example and lose serghei will bemoan the 'hard' draw. But if it's not City, we can have the edge over anyone given fully fit squad.

Nah, best for Barca in CL, as a fan is 5th. City, Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern. PSG if they line up Mbappe - Dembele could get in the mix ahead of us.

JamDav1982

Haha Dembele when Xavi has him is a dud who cant compete in CL.

When moves to PSG gets named as a reason they are better than Barca.

Usual.

Madrid who Barca just beat to league. 50/50 that one unless Madrid dramtically improve which already said havent.

serghei

Said Dembele is one of our 5 best players multiple times, dude. Dembele was most important for Xavi, you know, the manager of the team.

So, I can have Barca as 5-6th best. It's pretty good imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans