Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

I like Emery too but he has struggled at the big clubs he has managed. PSG and Arsenal.
I think he's great tactically but struggles managing big egos in the dressing room.

I would be happy to see that group too. We seem rudderless under Xavi, just drifting with no direction. How long can we continue like this???
He’s doing well now he’s at a club with a European Cup in its trophy cabinet. In fact only City only won more points than us in 2023.

Poor PSG were only 10 years old when we were champions of Europe. But to be honest every manager has struggled there at some point.

I hope he stays with us for a long time. He’s perfect for us and we’ve been playing some great football.

delancey

To be honest, I want competent group too, because we need a proper training. Playing easy games won't do us anything good. We need big games.

Bring on the hardest group. Also makes failing less painful, if there's actually competent teams.
It could very well happen knowing our luck of the draw in the CL. :lol: Im not even confident of beating Arsenal (pot 2) if we get them in our group. Oh how times have changed. :lol: The fact that Newcastle is in pot 4 makes this year’s draw extra entertaining. I am so impressed by what Newcastle’s manager has achieved in such a short period of time.

I’d just like to see a quality manager with an attacking mindset lead us again. I’m fine with us losing if that means seeing beautiful football again. Fun games, not the dross we’re currently seeing. 😅

Maybe Emery is one of those managers who does well at mid-tier teams but doesn’t quite excel at the very top?

Some ideas:
De Zerbi
Lionel Scaloni
Arteta (downgrade for him, but one never knows)
Nagelsmann

Anyone else?

Porque

Probably someone who would work with the current squad and not oppose recruitment strategy like Pimienta or De Zerbi.

DZ already likes weird things with false fullbacks and midfielders playing their and getting blitzed in transition, which may frustrate a bigger club.

delancey

Laporta will probably take the safe option and hire Marquez if things go south.

There's a strange paralysis at the club that prevents us from moving forward.
Yup, and Xavi’s status at the club doesn’t exactly help matters either. Canning one of Barcelona’s all time greats is certainly a delicate matter should things go south in the CL this season.

Quite interesting how differently Koeman was treated compared to Xavi by the press.

delancey

Cause Xavi actually has results on his side.
Because of individual talent, not tactical astuteness. And we face getting eliminated from the CL group stage three years in a row. That’s a sackable offense with our talented squad.

Beyond 1-0 results, we play atrocious football. Do you enjoy watching it?

ajnotkeith

Three years in a row is a bullshit argument. The fist one barely counts.

Let’s see how this year plays out as well.
Of course it counts. We could have beaten Benfica to go through then got put out by Frankfurt when winning EL would have given us the first seed, meaning we never draw Inter and Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans