Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Also, his decision not to start Ferran today, for example. When it is clear he is hot. Even I admitted it last week.

And all this after he played that same Ferran last season when he was utter garbage.

Disappointing decision making by Xavi.

JamDav1982

Balde only played because there was no one else at the time. Xavi saw he was great and kept him. Clearly remember his comments of surprise.

Same could be said about Lamine. Xavin pined for Demebele to stay and for new winger forward. We failed to secure either plus Raphina for injured. No one else to play. Enters Lamine.

I am oversimplifying it but had Xavi got his signings we could have had much different outcome.

Its the way many young players break through though. They are given a chance due to circumstances and take it.

Porque

On the positives, he is learning (well or his brother) the limitations of Romeu very quickly.

This was one of the games where Romeu is supposedly an asset. Was the opposite.

Atleast was noted and hooked fairly early.

ajnotkeith

On the positives, he is learning (well or his brother) the limitations of Romeu very quickly.

This was one of the games where Romeu is supposedly an asset. Was the opposite.

Atleast was noted and hooked fairly early.
He's just Busquets but worse on the ball. Busquets could at least make a Hollywood pass from time to time and con the ref for many fouls.

This guy is just basic, big slow DM who makes short passes and cuts out play from time to time. But decent teams are passing rings around him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Its the way many young players break through though. They are given a chance due to circumstances and take it.
I know. I said I oversimplified it. But you have to wonder. Xavi often spoke how he noticed someone doing great in training. I wonder at his surprise then and how does he not see those kids are worth a shot.

kattanib

Xavi is a cat

Not a dog that can bark

Scratch scratch he does

And hiss and run and fart

Xavi is a cat

High above he sits

Observe, look and judge

but dare he act when the time is right

Xavi is a cat

Too stupid to be smart

Yet in a mistical way,

He plays a coaching part,

With whiskers, paws, and claws,

He insists on a furry start

He licks clean the flavor of joy and fun,

And bitchs when the team somehow wins

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi is a cat

Not a dog that can bark

Scratch scratch he does

And hiss and run and fart

Xavi is a cat

High above he sits

Observe, look and judge

but dare he act when the time is right

Xavi is a cat

Too stupid to be smart

Yet in a mistical way,

He plays a coaching part,

With whiskers, paws, and claws,

He insists on a furry start

He sucks the joy and fun,

And bitchs when the team doesn't win
Wax on, wax on :lol:

Porque

He's just Busquets but worse on the ball. Busquets could at least make a Hollywood pass from time to time and con the ref for many fouls.

This guy is just basic, big slow DM who makes short passes and cuts out play from time to time. But decent teams are passing rings around him.

Agreed. Will have a purpose and squad usefulness. But showing his limits starting very very quickly.

BJJ

😂, shipping 3 goals to a weak Villarreal.
Watched till we were 2 0 up and went to bed. Woke up and saw 4 3 result.
Dreading Cl.

BJJ

He has brought Balde and Lamine thru and given them a lot of trust at really young ages, tbf to him.

Now the challenge will be to see if Raphinha takes him out of the team instantly or Lamine rightfully keeps the spot.
He's had no choice really. Club is broke and can't afford players. In another era Xavi would have spent like crazy and limited opportunities for the youngsters.

MTL_Barca

You can't really say he trusts Yamal, then it's the only choice he has that fits the RW profile:
wide winger that holds the width and is left footed
His only other option was Ferran there who doesn't fit as it's not his position

Wait to confirm that when Raphinia is eligible to play

Next
To be fair there would be a lot of managers who'd pick an established player over a 16 year old kid no matter what the "profile" is. Ferran, Abde, pretty easy and safe picks for that spot.

Of course it's mostly down to Dembele leaving and Raphinha being suspended but still some props to Xavi for actually playing Yamal there. No matter how talented It's not a given that a 16 year old gets to play instead of experienced 1st team players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans