Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

To be fair there would be a lot of managers who'd pick an established player over a 16 year old kid no matter what the "profile" is. Ferran, Abde, pretty easy and safe picks for that spot.

Of course it's mostly down to Dembele leaving and Raphinha being suspended but still some props to Xavi for actually playing Yamal there. No matter how talented It's not a given that a 16 year old gets to play instead of experienced 1st team players.

Agreed. Whatever you say about Xavi signing policy, when the players are training under him, he can identify the talent and is not afraid of starting them. Of course La Masia system DNA helps too.

No chance he agrees to the signing of Lamal for 10-15m from a French side ahead of the return of Pedro Rodriguez (just an example), but he offers the Gardener the closest produce to Dembele.

Everything has aligned for Lamine, the Dembele exit, Raphi injury, but it would have been very easy to opt for Ferran, or Abde instead.

When funds return hopefully we look at the profiles he wants, and not give him the final word of the signings he wants.

Laporta should already have the experience of this with early Pep (wanting to boot Eto'o for Adebayor, subsequently booting Eto'o for Zlatan. Then wanting Chryvbfsdifbskiy after one Super Cup performance in a low block).

Just over a season ago I suggested Doucoure from Lens as a Busi alternative. Palace picked him up for 15m, Liverpool now want him and price is 70m. Xavi would vetoe, but he would obviously be better than Romeu.

In the end Xavi has his good and bad, it is not black and white and he is a coach improving. But he is an idealist, who knows what he wants. But what he wants, isn't always what he needs.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Xavi does a lot of things poorly but a lot of things well also. He's like most football managers out there right now. At the moment the level of management is absolutely atrocious around the world, to the point where I think most people off the street with ball knowledge could do a better job.

Bar Pep, they all make glaringly obvious mistakes. People big up Klopp. But had he been here this forum would have been lambasting him week after week for playing Trent at right back when it was obvious 3 years ago he is the worst defender around. No better than our own Sergi Roberto in that regard.

Klopp has also never dropped Van Dijk yet which is laughable to say the least. He also thinks Gakpo is a better centre forward ( that's not even his position ) than his 100m signing Darwin. I could go on.

People big up De Zerbi. But had he been here they would be insulting him for his ludicrous rotation policy which has cost them many points, most glaringly last season Vs Newcastle, where his changes basically threw the game. He also thinks Welbeck is better than Ferguson. He also brought Billy Gilmour in to side who has never done anything anywhere, and leaves better players on bench.

Xavi isn't perfect but nowhere near as terrible as folk like to make out. We could do a lot worse, grass is not always greener.

Gnidrologist

Xavi does a lot of things poorly but a lot of things well also. He's like most football managers out there right now. At the moment the level of management is absolutely atrocious around the world, to the point where I think most people off the street with ball knowledge could do a better job.

Bar Pep, they all make glaringly obvious mistakes. People big up Klopp. But had he been here this forum would have been lambasting him week after week for playing Trent at right back when it was obvious 3 years ago he is the worst defender around. No better than our own Sergi Roberto in that regard.

Klopp has also never dropped Van Dijk yet which is laughable to say the least. He also thinks Gakpo is a better centre forward ( that's not even his position ) than his 100m signing Darwin. I could go on.

People big up De Zerbi. But had he been here they would be insulting him for his ludicrous rotation policy which has cost them many points, most glaringly last season Vs Newcastle, where his changes basically threw the game. He also thinks Welbeck is better than Ferguson. He also brought Billy Gilmour in to side who has never done anything anywhere, and leaves better players on bench.

Xavi isn't perfect but nowhere near as terrible as folk like to make out. We could do a lot worse, grass is not always greener.
I think the main point of Xavi criticism isn't that he makes mistakes that most internet coaches know better. Everybody does. Many have already said and i agree - he doesent't have a plan. There are very few paterns of play, no chemistry, no automatism between players, unless hoofing it to sideline hugger counts.
His pressing and defence drilling is good. It's the weak individuals that fail.
But lack of organic play is obvious the second season straight.
Thought that goat mid would know better how to create paterns, but he doesn't, unfortunately.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi is young and he will become a lot better but coaching Katar and then coming to Barca was a step too early as many already said at the beginning of his barca journey

Gnidrologist

Winning the league argument again. Winning laliga = either Barca does it or Real does it. Real was shit and Carlo cannot into leagues. It's lowest of the low hanging fruits for teams as ambitious as Barca. Even Gud Ebening would win the league with Barca given these circumstances.

iniestaGOAT

Winning the league argument again. Winning laliga = either Barca does it or Real does it. Real was shit and Carlo cannot into leagues. It's lowest of the low hanging fruits for teams as ambitious as Barca. Even Gud Ebening would win the league with Barca given these circumstances.

Delusional,
Come back and post that rubbish when Xavi loses the league.

Till then hold the L

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you are too young to remember but there were managers that got scrutinized despite Barca playing better football all the while promoting youngsters.

Xavi is only excused because he is Catalan and Barca legend.

We played vastly better football under Van Gaal and he promoted many young players under his tenure. And he was crucified by media year after year.

Messigician

Some of you are too young to remember but there were managers that got scrutinized despite Barca playing better football all the while promoting youngsters.

Xavi is only excused because he is Catalan and Barca legend.

We played vastly better football under Van Gaal and he promoted many young players under his tenure. And he was crucified by media year after year.
Yeah even foreign club legends not exempt look st the treatment Koeman got by Laporta

" if I find someone better I will sack you if not you can stay"

delancey

I am hoping that we get a challenging group so that Xavi (and his brother) get canned once and for all. :lol:

Barcelona
Dortmund/Leipzig
Milan
Newcastle

Under a quality manager with our squad, this group would be a walk in the park. With that said, I have zero confidence in Xavi’s ability to advance from a group like this. He belongs in Qatar but allowed his ego to get in the way of working his way up like everyone else.

I like Emery. At least we’d play attractive football under him.

BJJ

I am hoping that we get a challenging group so that Xavi (and his brother) get canned once and for all. :lol:

Barcelona
Dortmund/Leipzig
Milan
Newcastle

Under a quality manager with our squad, this group would be a walk in the park. With that said, I have zero confidence in Xavi’s ability to advance from a group like this. He belongs in Qatar but allowed his ego to get in the way of working his way up like everyone else.

I like Emery too but he has struggled at the big clubs he has managed. PSG and Arsenal.
I think he's great tactically but struggles managing big egos in the dressing room.

I would be happy to see that group too. We seem rudderless under Xavi, just drifting with no direction. How long can we continue like this???

FinBarcelonafan

Barcelona
Dortmund/Leipzig
Milan
Newcastle

To be honest, I want competent group too, because we need a proper training. Playing easy games won't do us anything good. We need big games.

Bring on the hardest group. Also makes failing less painful, if there's actually competent teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans