Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Have you noticed that whenever we are going forward with momentum for a counter attack, we always end up channelling it out to the wing for a conventional cross. There's this conservative mentality of taking the simple, "sensible" option instead of going for the bold, the cheeky, the imaginative. It's pretty boring to watch.
Bc it used to work. The first pattern of play Xavi taught was work it wide, pass into the box, it worked for a few months, then teams wisened up, yet we are still trying that exact same thing every time.

Total-Football

Xavi is a the man without a plan. Simple as that. Yesterday barca played exactly the same way as the moment xavi coached his first minutes. Those levers might be a waste for nothing. We bought all the raw materials and choose a machine from aliexpress to process them. Strange.

Reactions: BJJ

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

No one can and no one will anyway.

De Zerbi 2024.
Keep hearing De Zerbi. A man who thinks Danny Welbeck is better than Evan Ferguson. A man who keeps rotating his team for absolutely no reason whatsoever. João Pedro was arguably their best player on his debut and didn't start again till they got pumped by West Ham.

Given the tendency to overreact here, people would be pulling their hair out at some of the decisions he makes. Yes he sets up his team better than Xavi and he has a better system but he is benefiting a lot from Brighton's great work in the transfer market, of which he has very little say in.

Porque

Keep hearing De Zerbi. A man who thinks Danny Welbeck is better than Evan Ferguson. A man who keeps rotating his team for absolutely no reason whatsoever. João Pedro was arguably their best player on his debut and didn't start again till they got pumped by West Ham.

Given the tendency to overreact here, people would be pulling their hair out at some of the decisions he makes. Yes he sets up his team better than Xavi and he has a better system but he is benefiting a lot from Brighton's great work in the transfer market, of which he has very little say in.

But, but, but... he rotates his goalkeepers depending on the opponent.

That's hipster 101 mate.

Givenchy

De Zerbi may or may not be the answer but we can agree Xavi is most certainly NOT.

I hoped Laporta would break the mould of this in house recruitment, what happened to his German manager fetish? Nagelsmann looks a bit beta and wears makeup apparently but surely better than Xavi?

Reactions: BJJ

Porque

I'd hope we hold any renewal subject to CL progression.

It should be a guarantee, but If he flops in the groups this year then he can't stay. Basically got all his requests bar Zubimendi.

JamDav1982

Barca could not have afforded Zubimendi most likely anyway but to spend what have the last two summers on fees and salries and be left with Romeu starting DM is absolutely abysmal planning from Xavi and the board.

fergus90

Xavi is awesome. Let him win another League and make his continuity next season dependent on our CL results.
Awesome is definitely a stretch.

But he’s not absolutely useless that gets made out either. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Another CL failure this season will be curtains for him and rightly so. QF is good enough progress to keep his job.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

What the point in moaning about him 24/7 when there's no clear replacement who's available and going to come in and do a better job? All the options I've heard are mediocre. What's the point of replacing mediocrity with mediocrity?

Xavi doesn't set his team up well, his team is dire to watch, and his transfers ( the ones he paid money for ) have been horrendous. But he does the most important part of the job well, the results business, at least domestically.

I remember folk having the same gripes about Valverde. Then you got Setien and Koeman. And things got worse because at least Ernesto got results.

I'm all up changing him, but give me a proper manager, because I ain't heard one yet.

iniestaGOAT

Real Madrid will definitely reply and act against FC Barcelona, who today commissioned a list of the refereeing decision in Real Madrid games.

This is war.. we ain't ducking vardrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans