Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Once he said: I think Barcelona and the Spanish national team have been good for soccer because there are a lot of teams that come up playing from the back: with the goalie, the defense, moving up a defender to midfield, playing attacking soccer. I think fans want to see that. They want to see beautiful soccer, a spectacle, and Barcelona does that.

JamDav1982

Murmers that he could be in big trouble if Barca have a poor time in these next 3 games.

Deco cancelled a press conference today in which was expected to back him again apparently and Laporta chose to travel with B team rather than first team at weekend which some are trying to make out is a nod towards Marquez.

Could all be bollocks.

ajnotkeith

Murmers that he could be in big trouble if Barca have a poor time in these next 3 games.

Deco cancelled a press conference today in which was expected to back him again apparently and Laporta chose to travel with B team rather than first team at weekend which some are trying to make out is a nod towards Marquez.

Could all be bollocks.
Its notable that all the pro-Xavi medias and accounts are starting to turn against him very suddenly recently.
Could be orders from above.

Temptation

What's the consensus amongst match going Barca fans and socios?

Are they still fully Xavi in or they're sitting on the fence by now?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi said in a press conference that he feels supported by Laporta and Deco and that he is positive about prospect of turning things around as same group did it last year.
Also said he was critical to players about performances.

All an all less excuses was heard and I like it.
Let's hope good things are behind a corner and it starts against Porto.

Raketa10

:lol: Keep telling yourself that.

A new manager comes in, the initial objective is to compete for the title.
Next season the objective is to get the title.

Xavi did that faster. In his first actual season, that's all.

I don't think that winning La Liga should be the sole objective for our manager. Our manager should have a clear vision how he want's to play and how to develop our young players (Pedri, Gavi, Fermin, Balde, Roque, Yamal...) so we can have a competitive and recognizable team for the next decade. First issue with Xavi is that none of our young players are better this season than they were one year ago. Second issue is that we seriously lack a game plan in attack and Xavi doesn't have a clue how to address that. Third and final issue is that he made some seriously bad and costly transfer decisions especially in attack. (160 mil spent on Ferran, Raphinha and 34y old Lewa)

Wining La Liga last season was a success but without a clear game vision and a long term development plan that title won't mean a shit. Barca needs to grow and compete for titles every season. However, if we become just another club who plays some shitty and boring football Barca brand will slowly fade away.

Last edited:

serghei

I don't think that winning La Liga should be the sole objective for our manager. Our manager should have a clear vision how he want's to play and how to develop our young players (Pedri, Gavi, Fermin, Balde, Roque, Yamal...) so we can have a competitive and recognizable team for the next decade. First issue with Xavi is that none of our young players are better this season than they were one year ago. Second issue is that we seriously lack a game plan in attack and Xavi doesn't have a clue how to address that. Third and final issue is that he made some seriously bad and costly transfer decisions especially in attack. (160 mil spent on Ferran, Raphinha and 34y old Lewa)

Wining La Liga last season was a success but without a clear game vision and a long term development plan that title won't mean a shit. Barca needs to grow and compete for titles every season. However, if we become just another club who plays some shitty and boring football Barca brand will slowly fade away.

I agree with this theory. It's the practice that is tougher to implement in our case.

150m in 3 seasons is not nearly enough. You don't build a new team with that amount. Not even close.

Porque

I agree with this theory. It's the practice that is tougher to implement in our case.

150m in 3 seasons is not nearly enough. You don't build a new team with that amount.

Compared to who?

It's huge in the league that we are playing like dogcrap this season in.

Agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans