Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegitot

Xavi is very good whenever he has to face several tough opponents in a row.

Still i think this season, he may not win either Liga or UCL. Mostly because this team don't have enough strength, mentality to compete everything.

soul24rage

We should be fine until January.

Week of rest before the Girona game then can rotate a lot against Antwerp before visiting Mestalla. And probably some rotations for last game vs Almeria at home if needed. Then two weeks off over Christmas/New Year.
Don't forget about the game vs Club America in USA right after the Almeria game :koeman:

Porque

Girona have their CdR game away on Thursday night. So while I expect them to be able to rotate on that game, it disrupts their rest a bit.

Loki

Girona have their CdR game away on Thursday night. So while I expect them to be able to rotate on that game, it disrupts their rest a bit.
If they're smart, they will lose the game on purpose and focus entirely on LaLiga because it's their biggest chance ever to get into top4 and that's worth way more than a couple of rounds in CdR

Loki

Yesterday's game showed perfectly that Xavi has the right idea in his head. He finally gets his best players in topform and we saw the probably best half of the season.
The score could have been easily 3-0 after 45 min. It's on the players to run, press and be dynamic in attack. I'm sure Xavi didn't tell them anything different before the bad games a couple of weeks ago.
And the players have to score themselves of course.

Porque

If they're smart, they will lose the game on purpose and focus entirely on LaLiga because it's their biggest chance ever to get into top4 and that's worth way more than a couple of rounds in CdR

OTOH they may be ripe for a CdR challenge this year which would be both huge for the club and also a guaranteed route to EL and the Saudi Super Cup revenues. Last year Osasuna made the final, and Girona are a fair bit better than them.

They play Orihuela, which is a team their reserves should beat.

JamDav1982

It wasnt far from now that last season Xavi found his defensive/midfield balance as template for remainder of season.

Feels like that is where now again and time for tinkering is over.

Kounde as the balanced full back and ball players in at CB and DM to help likes of Araujo build up from back.

Still lack some pace up top but the way that midfield three can control ball that can be mitigated a bit.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"The team was excellent" he told the press afterwards. 'Attitude' and 'personality' were two words he used over and over when describing the way his team had worked so hard for each other and for the win against a direct rival in the title race.

“The players stepped up their game" he said. "I'd highlight the deeper pressure, the good circulation of the ball, a midfield where Gündoğan, Pedri and Frenkie understand each other to perfection, the tight defensive line, Raphinha and Lewandowski working so hard for the attack ... We could have put the game to bed much earlier, but I'm still very happy and satisfied. We are Barça, so what need to do is play like that all the time."

Porque

"The team was excellent" he told the press afterwards. 'Attitude' and 'personality' were two words he used over and over when describing the way his team had worked so hard for each other and for the win against a direct rival in the title race.

“The players stepped up their game" he said. "I'd highlight the deeper pressure, the good circulation of the ball, a midfield where Gündoğan, Pedri and Frenkie understand each other to perfection, the tight defensive line, Raphinha and Lewandowski working so hard for the attack ... We could have put the game to bed much earlier, but I'm still very happy and satisfied. We are Barça, so what need to do is play like that all the time."

Having seen him in person, how many goals do you think we would have scored if we had Paulino Alcantara instead of Lewandowski last night?

Porque

Emery probably supports the idea that if you give Xavi consistent signings in a lower pressure environment that he could do good in the Premier actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans