Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Odd comparison . One newbie is not a veteran and proven winner. What stunned me is aston villa actually attacked city the whole match ! They actually dominated that squad of city coached by pep !

I hear you. And both are at different stages in their managerial career- Xavi starting and Emery consolidated.

We could say that Emery never got fully trusted in a top tier project as of yet (PSG and Arsenal) and that's why he failed in those stints.

But then again, seeing a coach in Emery with those "failures" at the top do so well in England, may support that a coach like Xavi if funded and supported could also do well there.

I guess that was my point.

About Emery, I'm old enough to remember when he made his breakthrough at Almeria. And how to bridge the gap in talent, he made them innovate their set pieces to increase their set piece success rate. He found a scenario that he could give his team an advantage.

In a way, it shows his guile and intelligent as a manager, but in another, it shows at heart how he has always harvested the underdog mentality and how he thrives more working in that environment.

fergus90

4 times Europa League winner
EL finalist with Arsenal
CL semi finalists with Villarreal.
Better win % at PSG than the supposed messiah Pochettino.
Better win % in the PL than the supposed messiah Pochettino.
Took Arteta three seasons to better Emery's points total.
Would have finished 3rd with Aston Villa with points won in a calendar year.
Our best home record for wins since 1931.

I wish he was my dad.

delancey

yeah Managers like him put all kinds of philosophies to bed, such as “the squad not being good enough to win and/or play attractive football,” or the good ol’ “we’re in a transition.”

Excellent manager, although, as some have pointed out, he may be better suited for mid-table/top clubs, albeit not the very elite ones.

Porque

Question is what he can do when he takes a tier 2 side in terms of standing at time of take over (since Villa have an illustrious history and I wouldn't want to downplay that) and has the backing to grow them. For all the success he achieved with Sevilla, they never really had the muscle to grow, and obviously same with Villarreal.

Perfect environment for him now at Villa. It is a bit (and I use that lightly since Rafa won the CL a decade prior) like when Klopp went to Liverpool and they built the project around him and created diamonds.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

EL finalist with Arsenal

I wish he was my dad.

Wtf 4 times?? Guy loves EL

iniestaGOAT

EL finalist with Arsenal

I wish he was my dad.

All those B grade accomplishments,
I will keep that one la Liga Xavi's won

Thank you very much.

KingLeo10

I wouldn't rate 1 Europa that highly (certainly not above LL), but winning it 4 times among his other accomplishments (like KOing Bayern in CL with Villareal) is something Xavi can't match.

Emery is just a top tactician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans