Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

When you read serghei post someone would think barca has mediocre squad, in reality we are right there with europe's very best, only city, arsenal and madrid have more expensive squads via
Transfermarkt:

Liverpool - 26 players - 866m worth-33m average
Barcelona- 21 players- 818m worth- 39m average
Bayern - 25 players - 931m worth- 37m average
Psg - 29 players - 1.03b worth- 35m average
Real madrid - 24 players - 1.04b worth- 42m average
Arsenal- 25 players - 1.1b worth - 44m average
Man City - 24 players - 1.29b worth - 54m average
Inter - 25 players - 587m worth - 24m average
Napoli - 27 players- 534m worth - 20m average

You can cry about xavi squad how much you want, this right here is pure example how full of shit you are. And dont tell me transfermarkt isnt reliable, thats the reason i pulled more clubs then one.
That's the key here, the squad is fucking thin. Also a lot of our value is in very young players that aren't ready to deliver for a whole season. Then add the ridiculous holes like DM. And arguably the worst offense out of any top club (bar Chelsea and United if you want to call them that).

THere's always the argument to be made that this is on Xavi due to his transfers, but we haven't really spend obscenely in attack. 150m is just not an awful lot for a whole front-line (+depth). It's not like we had acceptable forwards and spend 150m on top. We had nothing. Raphina has been a good transfer (I will die on that hill) - the only good one, which says it all.

Also people need to look at other teams before slandering Xavi too much:
1) Real: Just lost the League to Xavi. We create more this season, but they get the results (a bit like us last year).
2) City: Insane squad, most successful team right now, but they had a shocking run of games this season in the League.
3) Arsenal downright bottled the League last year.
4) Better not talk about the meme teams like United, Chelsea, BVB...
5) Bayern kind of sucks with a "better" coach and more resources + Harry Kane.
6) Overachievers like Tottenham (not anymore xD) or Girona have to show consistency.. jury's out.
7) Nearly forgot Liverpool with the god himself Klopp, but that's cause they completely shit the bed last year and are irrelevant in Europe for now.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
When you read serghei post someone would think barca has mediocre squad, in reality we are right there with europe's very best, only city, arsenal and madrid have more expensive squads via
Transfermarkt:

You can cry about xavi squad how much you want, this right here is pure example how full of shit you are. And dont tell me transfermarkt isnt reliable, thats the reason i pulled more clubs then one.
Last year, Xavi won the league and this yearک )چ the players are losing it. You can almost tell where our friend’s problem starts.

Porque

funny thing.. our best player last match was Sergi Roberto, aka the worst of the golden generation only used as a stop gap rotation option for 15 years. Also, heavily impacted by recurring injuries and pretty old.
And he clearly has a better football iq than 80% of our current crop of players.
Worrying stuff.

To be fair to him, he is a solid squad player, but someone who has beem dampered by injuries that shouldn't be here and has been paid higher than his value because of being the last LaMasia product to make the first team. :lol:

Iif you watched the B team in the Sergi Roberto years, where he broke through at 17 he was a top prospect and probably better than the likes of Marc Bernal who is getting current hype.

In yesteryear though, better youth players like Thiago Motta were let go of because of their injuries issues, and yet Sergi Roberto hung around for it seems forever.

It is what it is.

BusiTheKing

With the squad we have, I'd say we could be competers for the CL, in the same way that teams like Inter, Tottenham, Tuchel's Chelsea have been in past years. Not should but could.

With tidy tactics, spirit and chemistry, that is what a great coach could do, which I think we can allow ourselves to strive for, without making a demand out of it. But as it stands we are far away from that.

mc_lovin

With the squad we have, I'd say we could be competers for the CL, in the same way that teams like Inter, Tottenham, Tuchel's Chelsea have been in past years. Not should but could.

With tidy tactics, spirit and chemistry, that is what a great coach could do, which I think we can allow ourselves to strive for, without making a demand out of it. But as it stands we are far away from that.
Issue here is that there are simply no great coaches that guarantee that. Put Tuchel into a comparable team to that Chelsea side and he achieves the same 1 out of 10 times. You have a bunch of these 2nd row teams (like us right now) and ultimately someone will have a good run. But it's never reproducible (or am I missing someone?).

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

There is no way we could compete for the Champions League with this squad because of our front 3. To compete you need to be able to score goals with relative ease. Not even Klopp or Pep would be able to get a tune out of Lewa, Ferran and Raphinha.

Xavi bought those players so it is on him though.

YodaMaster

Listen guys this coach is mediocre at best. We will still let him cook until the end of the season though because we need stability as we’ve been changing coaches left and right past couple years. And it may have a bad impact on those young players.

Now let’s face the truth: our offensive line is shit and unworthy of FCB’s standards which historically held the most iconic offensive players, mainly the South Americans who are unmatched in this sport when we talk about offensive talents.

That’s why I’d throw money on those young lads Echeverri and Estevao. We desperately need to find the next generation’s South Americans talents.
These French, Polish and Spanish guys we have and have had lately will never reach to the standards we expect from a FCB attacking star. This is the club of the Maradonas, Cruyffs, Romarios, Ronaldos, Rivaldos, Ronaldinhos, Messis, Neymars, Suarez and co. This is the level we should expect from our front line.

Raphinha and that new guy Roque clearly don’t look like they’re the next Brazilian big things either.
Echeverri, Estevao, I’d throw money at them in hope that they turn out to be our Vinicius and Rdorygo in a few years.

Would also love to steal Julian Alvarez from Man City but the guy has already became a superstar and will cost hundreds of millions now unfortunately.

delancey

Listen guys this coach is mediocre at best. We will still let him cook until the end of the season though because we need stability as we’ve been changing coaches left and right past couple years. And it may have a bad impact on those young players.

Now let’s face the truth: our offensive line is shit and unworthy of FCB’s standards which historically held the most iconic offensive players, mainly the South Americans who are unmatched in this sport when we talk about offensive talents.

That’s why I’d throw money on those young lads Echeverri and Estevao. We desperately need to find the next generation’s South Americans talents.
These French, Polish and Spanish guys we have and have had lately will never reach to the standards we expect from a FCB attacking star. This is the club of the Maradonas, Cruyffs, Romarios, Ronaldos, Rivaldos, Ronaldinhos, Messis, Neymars, Suarez and co. This is the level we should expect from our front line.

Raphinha and that new guy Roque clearly don’t look like they’re the next Brazilian big things either.
Echeverri, Estevao, I’d throw money at them in hope that they turn out to be our Vinicius and Rdorygo in a few years.

Would also love to steal Julian Alvarez from Man City but the guy has already became a superstar and will cost hundreds of millions now unfortunately.
What dishes will Xavi prepare in 2024? 👀🤭

Goal: Carbonara
End result: burnt Mac and Cheese 🫣

NKMaribor

Transfermarkt:

United is also up there, and they have shitty squad. Point being market value can be highly deceiving to determine squad quality.

Barca lacks quality to be alongside best teams of Europe. And that is quite telling considering at least for me, we are probably seeing the biggest dip in quality of top squads across the Europe, to the point of being historic. That includes Real Madrid.

Windhook

Transfermarkt:

Transfermarkt is reliable, but the bigger club a player plays, the more his price gets inflated. If Khvicha of Napoli is valued at 80m there, at Barca he'd be 120m. You get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans