Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

10 players at 40-50m each is 500m. Money the club simply doesn't have.

It's a simple equation of squad value. Thiago Alcantara hasn't played for Liverpool in ages. But he is not missed, because they signed midfielders worth of 180 m last summer. :lol:

MacAllister + Soboszlai + Hendo + Gravenberch. 4 midfielders in one go, of which 2 of top quality.

This is fecking Liverpool. 8 years ago we used to make fun of their squad while handpicking their only world class player in Suarez. Now they are levels above us.
That is so mid.

😭 I remember you previously describing Cancelo as a Bayern reject - now you call Gravenberch 'top quality' after being thrown out and barely playing there 😂

serghei

That is so mid.

😭 I remember you previously describing Cancelo as a Bayern reject - now you call Gravenberch 'top quality' after being thrown out and barely playing there 😂

MacAllister and Szoboslai are top. Gravenberch is rotation. He is probably much better than Oriol and Fermin, yes. So is Endo.

Oriol Romeu played for Southampton back when he was actually in his prime. That's his level.

Fermin is a nobody really. He should be playing for Almeria every match.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

MacAllister and Szoboslai are top. Gravenberch is rotation. He is probably much better than Oriol and Fermin, yes. So is Endo.

Oriol Romeu played for Southampton back when he was actually in his prime. That's his level.
But would you take those guys you listed over Pedri, De Jong, Gavi, Gundogan, Fermin (forget Romeu?) I wouldn't swap the first four for any of those guys.
The only issue is lack of DM but think that it would have been solved with better squad planning.

serghei

But would you take those guys you listed over Pedri, De Jong, Gavi, Gundogan, Fermin (forget Romeu?) I wouldn't swap the first four for any of those guys.
The only issue is lack of DM but think that it would have been solved with better squad planning.

Fermin is a nobody. A player nobody even heard of 6 months ago. :lol: Don't even mention him.

But true. The midfield is where it's at least close, mostly because of De Jong. I'd put in a midfield of MacAllister, De Jong and Szobozlai. Gundogan is too old for me to occupy the AM position instead of Szobozlai.

Attack is miles better for Liverpool. Don't think a single Barca player would get into Liverpool's frontline.

serghei

I don't have to sit here explaining to folks that most valuable material things in a human life are obtained through the use of the thing we call money. It's such a foolish discussion it's partly funny.

serghei

Klopp is a wonder coach, most guys who come to Liverpool are nobodys but he is making them worldclass! Germany needs him as coach to get back to their best.

Hmmmm. Their squad cost 770m.

That's more than 15 players costing 50m. Each.

Barca has about 3 players that surpassed the 50m barrier. De Jong, Raphinha, and Kounde.

This is mathematics. It's not arguable, it's a fact.

Windhook

I'm on the opinion that Barca could have easily dominated this current era of talentless physical football, if it wasn't for the financial crisis legacy combined of COVID and Bartomeu signing Instagram players. Abidal and such deserve all the shit they got.

French football is at its peak, their best assett being this generation of kids of African origin that develop physically levels better than the whites. Lionel Messi, technique-wise the most gifted player ever beating those physical beasts of France last December was the greatest closure ever. But France have cracked the game of football and will likely win a couple of World Cups in the near future.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hmmmm. Their squad cost 770m.

That's more than 15 players costing 50m. Each.

Barca has about 3 players that surpassed the 50m barrier. De Jong, Raphinha, and Kounde.

This is mathematics. It's not arguable, it's a fact.

Lets be honest Serghdinho, every crap guy costs at least 60mio these days. If we sell Raphi he would be a 70mio guy probably lol

serghei

Lets be honest Serghdinho, every crap guy costs at least 60mio these days. If we sell Raphi he would be a 70mio guy probably lol

Raphinha is one of our best 5 players probably. It seems funny for some who don't know what they are talking about... :lol: but it's obvious.

Ever noticed how much he runs off the ball? It's insane. Do that sometime. Watch him off the ball.

He has his limitations, but after De Jong and Araujo... not many go ahead of him in value in this squad.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Raphinha is one of our best 5 players probably. It seems funny for some who don't know what they are talking about... :lol: but it's obvious.

Every noticed how much he runs off the ball? It's insane. Do that sometime. Watch him off the ball.

He has his limitations, but after De Jong and Araujo... not many go ahead of him in value.

Off the ball he is amazing, guy never stops running but on the ball guy looks like a headless chicken too often, i think he is a guy who needs accurate instructions to shine....

serghei

Off the ball he is amazing, guy never stops running but on the ball guy looks like a headless chicken too often, i think he is a guy who needs accurate instructions to shine....

Nah, his technique is just not that good. Movement and fitness are superb. If he had superior technique he'd be one of the best players in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans