Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJ

You put Xavi in charge of that Liverpool squad and watch them become a stuttering, bumbling mess.
Ffs Liverpool beat us with Origi, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner.
Pretty convenient for Serghei to always pop up with the "our players are shit" card all the time.
Even tries to portray Xavi
as some miracle worker cause he fluked a title win last season.
Put Klopp in charge of this squad and you'll see the difference.

serghei

You put Xavi in charge of that Liverpool squad and watch them become a stuttering, bumbling mess.
Ffs Liverpool beat us with Origi, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner.
Pretty convenient for Serghei to always pop up with the "our players are shit" card all the time.
Even tries to portray Xavi
as some miracle worker cause he fluked a title win last season.
Put Klopp in charge of this squad and you'll see the difference.

:lol:

Our players are not shit. They are good. The problem is with the fans. They want much more than just good. And for that you need much more resources.

Xavi has done well. That's it. He is not a miracle worker, just a good manager that really cares for the club. It's a bad position for him also, because it is not normal for a big club to be able to only spend 3m in a summer. You think Xavi wouldn't like to have the luxury of Klopp or Arteta to sign some midfielders for 150m instead of romeu? :lol:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Inter 1 up in extra time at home Vs Bologna, end up losing 2 -1. Unheard of. Thiago Motta is not someone I'd actively advocate for yet as managing a team who has to attack for 90 minutes is a big difference to managing Bologna who can sit in and defend for 90. But it has to be said he is having a very good season so far.

Kul_z

When you read serghei post someone would think barca has mediocre squad, in reality we are right there with europe's very best, only city, arsenal and madrid have more expensive squads via
Transfermarkt:

Liverpool - 26 players - 866m worth-33m average
Barcelona- 21 players- 818m worth- 39m average
Bayern - 25 players - 931m worth- 37m average
Psg - 29 players - 1.03b worth- 35m average
Real madrid - 24 players - 1.04b worth- 42m average
Arsenal- 25 players - 1.1b worth - 44m average
Man City - 24 players - 1.29b worth - 54m average
Inter - 25 players - 587m worth - 24m average
Napoli - 27 players- 534m worth - 20m average

You can cry about xavi squad how much you want, this right here is pure example how full of shit you are. And dont tell me transfermarkt isnt reliable, thats the reason i pulled more clubs then one.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

When you read serghei post someone would think barca has mediocre squad, in reality we are right there with europe's very best, only city, arsenal and madrid have more expensive squads via
Transfermarkt:

You can cry about xavi squad how much you want, this right here is pure example how full of shit you are. And dont tell me transfermarkt isnt reliable, thats the reason i pulled more clubs then one.

Serghei dislikes this post :pique:

Porque

Transfermarkt:

The difference between a good squad and great squad is usually the manager.

Xavi had the team perfectly motivated last season. This season that has dropped of. It happens, like with Liverpool last year, but usually not so early into a project. Remember that was Klopps 8 of so season at Pool and the post peak transition from their EPL then CL winning side.

Us on the other hand, this is Xavi second full season and haven't even made a consistent mark domestically or in a Europe.

Completely differently situations. Suggests to me that some of the dressing room seniors have question marks. Which would not be good at all.

JohnN

funny thing.. our best player last match was Sergi Roberto, aka the worst of the golden generation only used as a stop gap rotation option for 15 years. Also, heavily impacted by recurring injuries and pretty old.
And he clearly has a better football iq than 80% of our current crop of players.
Worrying stuff.

delancey

Sometimes what happens is that players who have something to prove will give 110% when given the chance. It seldom lasts. Point is, consistency matters and that’s also how players should be judged.

Remember Adama’s first game for us? Or when B-team players were given a cameo opportunity. Even mediocre players can have spectacular one-off performances.

I reckon the benefit of someone like SR is that he’s worked under several good managers, so the learnings are well drilled in; a positive considering our circumstances.

Kul_z

The difference between a good squad and great squad is usually the manager.

Xavi had the team perfectly motivated last season. This season that has dropped of. It happens, like with Liverpool last year, but usually not so early into a project. Remember that was Klopps 8 of so season at Pool and the post peak transition from their EPL then CL winning side.

Us on the other hand, this is Xavi second full season and haven't even made a consistent mark domestically or in a Europe.

Completely differently situations. Suggests to me that some of the dressing room seniors have question marks. Which would not be good at all.
I was going to add that only thing that keeps us at bay for competing against europe's very best is manager but i wanted to see what kind of shithousery he has up his sleeve to defend xavi this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans