Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi better play Roque as a striker then instead of putting him out of position at the LW or something just so we have to suffer with Lewandowski wasting more chances and being bullied by likes of Eric Garcia.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi better play Roque as a striker then instead of putting him out of position at the LW or something just so we have to suffer with Lewandowski wasting more chances and being bullied by likes of Eric Garcia.

Maybe Xavi needs to find a system to play with 2 strikers, why playing with 1 tiger if you can have 2 tigers :pique:

BJJ

It's clear Xavi is happier with 4 midfielders. He should go back to that. Laporta m7st have been in his ear ranting about 433, Barca DNA etc

Gnidrologist

I don't care about the eye test of posters who dislike the manager simply because they want to. I assumed you have some solid arguments, that's all.

Something other than like "La Liga is dross league", but just happens to have better results than most other leagues in Europe in the last seasons. Even this season, no other league has 4 teams in CL knockouts. All 4 being CL group winners.
I was actually one of the people, who supported hiring Xavi at the beginning. He disappointed bigly.

Neeraj

@serghei if you think the team is playing well and want to use that sofascore stat to prove your point, I think anybody discussing with you in pointless. Even the biased Catalan media is talking about how we are playing shit football - that part is not even up for debate :lol:

And as for results - 'we are champions of Liga' :lol: yes and we are on our way to retain that title it seems.

serghei

@serghei if you think the team is playing well and want to use that sofascore stat to prove your point, I think anybody discussing with you in pointless. Even the biased Catalan media is talking about how we are playing shit football - that part is not even up for debate :lol:

And as for results - 'we are champions of Liga' :lol: yes and we are on our way to retain that title it seems.

The team has been playing well. It's not only my opinion. It's pretty much a fact that since Laporta and Xavi took over, the team is on the up.

When Xavi got the job, the team was in 9th place in the league and in danger of missing CL spots in the following season.

2 years later, and the team is Champions of Spain having the CL winners as rivals in the league.

And please, don't compare La Liga with Bundesliga and Ligue 1, it will only make you seem dumb as a brick :lol:. Even having Real Madrid as a contender puts it way beyond Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, who are effectively leagues where there's only 1 big team around while the rest have 20% their budget (not to mention selling their best players to them). Even if you ignore Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid had far better results than any German or French team in the last 10 years that is not named Bayern or PSG. Both domestically and in Europe.

So, it's a fact that the team improved a lot in recent years. From not making it past CL groups under Koeman to winning the CL group this year. From 9th place when Xavi came, to actually winning the league 1.5 years later. These are simple facts you either admit, or you choose to ignore to fund your obsessions.

I get the younger fans. They grew up watching this super-Barca and have big issues adapting to the current days, when Barca are not a big team anymore by most relevant metrics. I get it, but I don't have to approve it or agree to this way of thinking. It's delusional.

When you say you are a big team, financial power is probably one of the main two arguments. If you at least don't compete on that area with the big players, you are not a big club anymore. That's about as simple of an argument as it gets.

Last edited:

serghei

So, Barcelona has been improving and has been playing well in recent years. The problem is some fans want much more, while being completely oblivious to the problems of the club.

I told you want needs to be done in order for the club to satisfy the needs of these fans. Sell it to some multi-billionaire. Somebody that can put in hundreds of millions into the club like the big clubs are doing.

Neeraj

The team playing well is NOT a fact. it is your opinion, and one that is extremely contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. It is irrelevant what position the team was at when Xavi took over - it only matters where we are now - he has been here for quite a while now and we have no idea what to do on the pitch and rely on individual moments to create chances and have no clear patterns of play. We have pulled levers and have not improved commensurate to what the levers were supposed to bring.

Regarding the younger fans - another strawman. Nobody is saying we should play like peak Barca 2010. We should be doing better than what we are now once you consider the squad + who we are up against, simple as. Anyway, it's very clear that you have dug your heels in right from the start of Xavi's tenure and you clearly get some feeling of pseudo superiority in being contrarian and erudite about 'who we truly are' and constantly spout strawman arguments or manipulate/use stats where they fit your narrative. You even said NOTHING that happens this season would change your mind about Xavi. Talk about having a ludicrous stance. I'll leave it here as there is 0 point in arguing with someone that does not have a genuine and evolving opinion but is only here to dig deeper and deeper to reinforce their own delusion.

Reactions: BJJ

serghei

It's a fact. Verified by data. Champions of Spain, winners of CL group, creators of most big chances in the top 5 leagues. Pretty much a fact that the club has been doing well in recent seasons.

Only clubs that did better than Barcelona in recent seasons are clubs having much more resources than Barcelona. It's a fact.

You can turn it every which side you want. Nobody going against the club at the moment has at least a decent argument worth exploring.

serghei

Of course, it doesn't mean that if you do something well, you can't do it even better and that you didn't make mistakes. Obviously, I would've liked a better singing for 60m than Ferran Torres.

And that even Lewandowski has not delivered as expected for the money paid. Some great 6 months is not good enough.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm still upset af we won against Almeria, 0 points in that game and Laporta would have to do something... Now we're stuck with him at least until summer. He made it through until the winter break and now he won't get fired almost whatever ever result and football we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans