Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

It bears repeating: One can have the best machinery but without knowledge on how to operate it, it is all in vain. Another 100-200m will do diddly squat for us as long as management is inferior.

Yes, yes.

That's why Spain couldn't beat anyone but Costa Rica at the World Cup.

Luis Enrique must be a shit manager too. Oh... wait... he's probably not. Spain probably are simply not good and mature enough past a certain level. :lol:

The signs are abundant. You just have to read them and come to terms with them even if the outcome is not satisfying.

They are nice talents that lack many components that would help them make the next step. The club is simply too weak at the moment to give them the right platform. No manager on the planet is gonna perform wonders on a budget. There are no miracles in football. All the top teams spend hundreds of millions every summer nearly.

Financially, Barcelona are like go-karts competing vs F1 cars.

Last edited:

serghei

Hell, I don't demand investing 1bn in the squad. Give me half that. Give me 500m over 2-3 summers. Around half of the billionaire squads which are given here as example of top management (most of top EPL sides). Then we will see the possibilities of the current Barca management at the top, on an even playing field (sort of).

Messigician

We still have one of the highest wage bills in the world, yet some fans automatically write us off from winning the CL in the near future. And while it's true that we have been limited in the transfer market due to Tebas' FFP rules, we have still brought in some of the world's best players on loan or for free- Lewandowski, Felix, Cancelo, Christensen.

To add to this, we already had some fantastic players when these loanees joined, young or not: TS, DJ, Araujo, Gavi, Pedri, the shark, and Raphinha. All of these players, each and every single one, represent their respective national teams. They also underperform bigly for us, which is also why we criticise their performances.

That is, however, akin to criticising Kodak's employees in the 1980s while endorsing and supporting its visionless leadership. Point is, the players are not to blame. Management is.

And no one here is expecting us to win everything, every year. However, we should be competing and giving each team a run for its money. Instead we get dominated by Almeria and co every week. I have zero confidence in our chances against La Liga and Europe League bottom fodders.

Finally, some people on here who continuously defend Xavi merely do so for the sake of consistency: "The Rule of Consistency is the need to project a consistent image of ourselves, and to repeat activities and opinions which reiterate our coherent identities to others." And I must admit, a certain someone is excellent at it. Exhaustingly so. haha :lol:

I would be very surprised if Xavi remains after this season. We may not even finish top 4 in LL. Just saying. Horrendous football may be tolerated (by some) as long as it yields results. That is clearly not happening either.
Exactly

Porque

Bayerns players must be pretty overrated too then. Seeing that they went out of the World Cup group stage.

If only we kept Abde and signed some Moroccans, we may be top instead of 4th.

Fuck me, keep some consistency.

delancey

Yes, yes.

That's why Spain couldn't beat anyone but Costa Rica at the World Cup.

Luis Enrique must be a shit manager too. Oh... wait... he's probably not. Spain probably aren't simply not good and mature enough past a certain level. :lol:
Out of all the players Spain, for example, could select, many of the chosen ones, including Pedri and Gavi, play for us. Point is, we don't have a player quality problem. We have a management problem.

It is also not coincidental that all the players who join us deteriorate. Each and every single one. Our entire attack is flat and clueless. Great managers make their players better, not worse. And we deserve that. Aston Villa being a great example of a mediocre/good squad exceeding expectations due to superior management. I also don't believe in transitions. Transitions occur immediately when there is purpose and skill at the helm.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank Xavi? tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, or tier 4? :lol:

serghei

Bayerns players must be pretty overrated too then. Seeing that they went out of the World Cup group stage.

If only we kept Abde and signed some Moroccans, we may be top instead of 4th.

Fuck me, keep some consistency.

Not a good argument at all.

serghei

This place is a cesspool of delusion and frustration.

Smaller teams are able to play pragmatic, realize their condition, come to terms with it full-on, and upset the odds by working hard. Like Morrocco did, like Villareal did in CL a season before that. You can do that, albeit briefly. Even Barca did some that last season in the league and you lot were fuming, bla-bla, how it's lucky, how Madrid are not that good, pathetic bullshit like that.

You want to support City in reality, but you are left with current Barcelona, and can't settle for supporting the club without the pay-off in excitement that turned you into a fan in the first place. It's almost like a drug. You supported the club because each Saturday, and Sunday, the club gave you a spectacle as a payoff. Supporting is easy when you get more than you give. Now that is obviously gone and you are pissed, finding people to blame that are actually trying to fix things. Barca-glories no less, like Laporta and Xavi. That makes it even more pathetic.

Kul_z

Barca problem is xavi and like someone earlier mentioned squad that is pretty thin.

Cancelo araujo kounde balde
Gundogan fdj pedri
raphinha lewa felix

Subs: shark, vitor roque, christensen, bob, lamine, inigo,
If he gets ko'd by napoli with those players, laporta should fire his ass asap. Period.

iniestaGOAT

Serghei is so delusional I don't even read his posts in full nowadays.
Xavi had a whole lot of help from Laporta. Koeman was shat on and received no support whatsoever. FACT. If Xavi had the same squad for the rest of the season we probably wouldn't have made top 4. I can't even remember the names of all the shitty players we had.
The league title was a fluke. The quality of play is abysmal and now the results are reflecting that. Also Xavi's player recruitment is atrocious. Raphinia, Ferran and an old Lewandoski. Add Kounde to that and you could argue Kessie too. Clueless.
This clown thought he was entitled to the job based on his playing career and managing in Qatar. That says it all. He didn't want to pay his dues. Also has an assistant who's his brother and has no clue about football.
Sack ASAP.

This guy calling anybody delusional is laughable.

Coming from the biggest idiot in this forum I am sure he takes it as a compliment

delancey

Say what you want about Perez and Abramovich, but at least these ruthless leaders hire(d) the very best and hesitate(d) not one bit to move on when things go/went sour.

Xavi getting knocked out in the round of 16 vs Napoli and finishing fourth or beyond gives Laporta reason to fire Xavi, but… when nepotistic forces are involved, anything could happen. :lol:

Now… I prefer our model more, but only when meritocratic forces dictate the decision making.

Twerking for Xavi/Oscar is something else. 😂

iniestaGOAT

Say what you want about Perez and Abramovich, but at least these ruthless leaders hire(d) the very best and hesitate(d) not one bit to move on when things go/went sour.

Xavi getting knocked out in the round of 16 vs Napoli and finishing fourth or beyond gives Laporta reason to fire Xavi, but… when nepotistic forces are involved, anything could happen. :lol:

Now… I prefer our model more, but only when meritocratic forces dictate the decision making.

Twerking for Xavi/Oscar is something else. 😂

Xavi ain't getting fired..get that through your thick head.

He wasted 200m? Give him 200m and then again until he finds the right players to play his football like every other manager.

Now shut up. Or go support man city like every other do called Barcelona fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans