Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

I'm still upset af we won against Almeria, 0 points in that game and Laporta would have to do something... Now we're stuck with him at least until summer. He made it through until the winter break and now he won't get fired almost whatever ever result and football we play.
Sadly, would've been almost zero chances Laporta sacked Xavi had he lost against Almeria.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I love Xavi to bits and would love nothing more than for him to succeed here. But after a promising first season things have gone south quick.

The team has regressed this season, despite having a better squad. The team doesn't look like it has a pattern of play and is , at times, chaotic and all over the place.

The team doesn't play entertaining football, though this is something that is lacking around football generally these days. Football is at its lowest quality in history. There are no real superstars these days and hardly any teams are pleasing to the eye, especially amongst those without money to burn.

What is the killer for me are the transfers which have been a 2 out of 10 at best. Xavi has wasted the little money we had. That's enough to warrant a sacking in my view. We are still being linked to the likes of Kimmich, so buying old, declining so called ' established ' players seems to still be the transfer policy.

This short termism may well hint that Xavi himself knows he won't be here long, but is creating a plethora of problems for the future, the first of which will be the Lewandowski issue.

Reactions: BJJ

Messigician

It's a fact. Verified by data. Champions of Spain, winners of CL group, creators of most big chances in the top 5 leagues. Pretty much a fact that the club has been doing well in recent seasons.

Only clubs that did better than Barcelona in recent seasons are clubs having much more resources than Barcelona. It's a fact.

You can turn it every which side you want. Nobody going against the club at the moment has at least a decent argument worth exploring.
it is not a fact we are currently 4th and regressed

Winning the league was a long time ago

It’s time to go

Birdy

:lol:

City spent on their squad 1.05 billions euros, and you give them as example for Barcelona. And still you can't smell the irony.

Dude, I listed the cost of 5 of the world's best prospects for a total sum of LESS than what our Catalan Lampard splashed in levels for his big transfers.

A 5yr old would understand that I am not comparing the total sum City spends on transfers, but rather indicate how unwisely our Catalan Lampard has spent the lever-money

It seems that being a Xavi fanboy messes up with your reading comprehension skills.
You seem to be going slightly mad, in being secluded solipstically within your own head

serghei

Dude, I listed the cost of 5 of the world's best prospects for a total sum of LESS than what our Catalan Lampard splashed in levels for his big transfers.

A 5yr old would understand that I am not comparing the total sum City spends on transfers, but rather indicate how unwisely our Catalan Lampard has spent the lever-money

It seems that being a Xavi fanboy messes up with your reading comprehension skills.
You seem to be going slightly mad, in being secluded solipstically within your own head

Those prospects won't play in those teams for years. They are bought now, to be developed in time, in a steady manner, so that maybe when they will be 21-22, 4-5 years from now, they will be ready to play for Manchester City, mentally, physically, and so on.

Barcelona can not afford to buy those players for 25-30m a piece, when there are 2-3 positions to be fixed IN THE STARTING 11. The club has enough hot prospects to develop from La Masia. What is needed is mature top class players to help the team from day one almost.

The club needs starting DM and a starting LW at the minimum. At about 80m each... first we need to invest 160-200m on 3 players that we can use right away and would make a difference. I'd say DM, LW (assuming Roque is gonna take over the 9 position and deliver there), and one fullback.

Not to mention that all 3 need to be hits, and no flops.

Now that shouldn't be hard to explain to some posters who think of themselves as being smart and realistic. Whoever doesn't understand this has no fucking clue about football in general.

Last edited:

BJJ

Serghei is so delusional I don't even read his posts in full nowadays.
Xavi had a whole lot of help from Laporta. Koeman was shat on and received no support whatsoever. FACT. If Xavi had the same squad for the rest of the season we probably wouldn't have made top 4. I can't even remember the names of all the shitty players we had.
The league title was a fluke. The quality of play is abysmal and now the results are reflecting that. Also Xavi's player recruitment is atrocious. Raphinia, Ferran and an old Lewandoski. Add Kounde to that and you could argue Kessie too. Clueless.
This clown thought he was entitled to the job based on his playing career and managing in Qatar. That says it all. He didn't want to pay his dues. Also has an assistant who's his brother and has no clue about football.
Sack ASAP.

Kul_z

Barcelona transfer spending since pep joined manchester city - 1.3 billion
City transfer spending since pep jooned city- 1.3 billion

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It doesnt matter what will happen Xavi will be here until the end of the season.

I think Xavi doesnt really know what he needs to say to the players, he isnt a tactic fox, alone the statement from him 'I want you to run like pigs' , we are not Atletico Madrid!

Lets see, hopefully in second half we will enjoy better football

HOPE

serghei

I think Bartomeu was an absolute idiot. So... that doesn't do anything for me.

If Barca were run by someone like Florentino Perez instead of that motherfucker... things would've been different today. At least until Perez goes and the next in line is some moron. I remember the other Madrid guy, from pre-Florentino, Ramon Calderon. He was a total clown who appeared in Romanian TV back when Steaua played Madrid in 2006 :lol:.

Still don't see the connection to Laporta and Xavi. Neither were around when Bartomeu was spending hundreds of millions for nothing. Outside of De Jong, it was almost like burning money.

That's why an owner is better in many ways. Accountability for management fuck-ups is direct and assumed by default. It's the owner's money and his decisions, so any impact for shit decisions is gonna come back to bite the owner in the ass, as it should be.

At Barca, some Bartomeu-like moron comes, fucks up the club for many years, possibly decades, leaves as if nothing happened with a grin on his face.

An owner takes the heat for naming a shithead like Bartomeu in charge of things, and digs in his own pockets to invest some 500-600m to make up for his stupidity. Like what happens at United. Yes, they are ran like idiots. They still have money to invest despite that. Because they are owned by a rich owner, who is gonna either invest, or he makes enough fuck-ups to get worried financially, and sells the club on. Once, twice, or multiple times. In the end, if the owner is not capable enough, he sells his highly valuable asset to someone that has more money, or someone that is simply smarter or more skilled in the football business. Because that's what football is in 2023, a business for the most potent financially.

Some club like Barca elect an idiot in charge and then suffers for 15 years to recover financially. Maybe :lol:.

It's all capitalism. Being an idiot dreamer oblivious to these things helps no one. I for one have relatively low tolerance for these types.

Last edited:

delancey

We still have one of the highest wage bills in the world, yet some fans automatically write us off from winning the CL in the near future. And while it's true that we have been limited in the transfer market due to Tebas' FFP rules, we have still brought in some of the world's best players on loan or for free- Lewandowski, Felix, Cancelo, Christensen.

To add to this, we already had some fantastic players when these loanees joined, young or not: TS, DJ, Araujo, Gavi, Pedri, the shark, and Raphinha. All of these players, each and every single one, represent their respective national teams. They also underperform bigly for us, which is also why we criticise their performances.

That is, however, akin to criticising Kodak's employees in the 1980s while endorsing and supporting its visionless leadership. Point is, the players are not to blame. Management is.

And no one here is expecting us to win everything, every year. However, we should be competing and giving each team a run for its money. Instead we get dominated by Almeria and co every week. I have zero confidence in our chances against La Liga and Europe League bottom fodders.

Finally, some people on here who continuously defend Xavi merely do so for the sake of consistency: "The Rule of Consistency is the need to project a consistent image of ourselves, and to repeat activities and opinions which reiterate our coherent identities to others." And I must admit, a certain someone is excellent at it. Exhaustingly so. haha :lol:

I would be very surprised if Xavi remains after this season. We may not even finish top 4 in LL. Just saying. Horrendous football may be tolerated (by some) as long as it yields results. That is clearly not happening either.

serghei

Hahaha, Pedri, Gavi fantastic players. :lol: Lost you quickly mate.

Pedri can't even stay fit for 2 months straight and he's a fantastic player.

Please... as said, delusional types are interesting at first, until they get boring and you ignore them or you make fun of them.

You have to climb down to reality. Fantastic players play in CL in later stages and shine at that level, the elite level. Most of these kids haven't even played a knockout game in the Champions League, let alone decide semi-finals and such. :lol:

Hilarious stuff.

Same posters that say Gavi and Pedri are fantastic players pop-up in Vinicius and Rodrygo threads saying how overrated they are. Shit you not. This level of delusion is incredible.

delancey

Hahaha, Pedri, Gavi fantastic players. :lol: Lost you quickly mate.

Pedri can't even stay fit for 2 months straight and he's a fantastic player.

Please... as said, delusional types are interesting at first, until they get boring and you ignore them or you make fun of them.

You have to climb down to reality. Fantastic players play in CL in later stages and shine at that level. Most of these kids haven't even played a knockout game in the Champions League, let alone decide semi-finals and such. :lol:

Hilarious stuff.
It bears repeating: One can have the best machinery but without knowledge on how to operate it, it is all in vain. Another 100-200m will do diddly squat for us as long as management is inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans