Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"I hope (it can be a turning point), I hope we find consistency," Xavi told a news conference.

''There are no small titles, last season we won 2 titles and one of them was the Supercopa. We also played fantastic football when we won the trophy.''

vegitot

I think Xavi now lacks of truly creative player, an attacking midfielder who can make differences.

If Pedri can transform into that player, think Xavi's football will be much better.

JamDav1982

Dont even think Madrid have been that great this season.

Bit like Barca last season teams are missing chances a bit more v them and scoring goals to see it out in mediocre games.

JamDav1982

Gundo has AM stats this season really so far.

The issue has been more front line lacking pace and movement and missing a lot of chances.

That lack of pace up top is then allowing teams to press higher up and close a midfield that lacks a proper DM and a defence without a leader and fairly chaotic at times.

Xavi I think tries to reinvent the wheel at times and try to be so ahead of curve with revolutionary ideas he is missing the basics of what is needed at times.

Proper DM and pace up top would transform the team but it has been neglected so far and to make.

As said though.. Real not been that great this season either. If they dont improve they could be on end of another CL hiding v better teams.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

“He [Felix] has been very good, he has come on well, and Lamine and Pedri..., the changes have favored us. We are in another final,” he told reporters.
“When Pedri arrives, everything becomes clearer. He doesn’t lose balls, he generates superiority. With him we had a lot of control.
“He is good, ready to be a starter. It was the idea we had, that he would play a few minutes today. I have spoken with him and he is fine. The three substitutions have beeen phenomenal. That is what they are for, to count on them when they are required.”
Xavi went on to talk about Yamal after seeing the 16-year-old become the youngest player to score in the Spanish Super Cup.

“He does almost everything well with the ball, he does everything with meaning,” he said.
“The pity is that he’s only 16 years old, and that shows in the physical duel, but he’s an extraordinary talent.”

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi pk before Real:

''The team is very motivated, it will be 50-50 match.

I have the feeling everytime when Barca is strong, Real is strong too. Last year they made us the life difficult but we won 2 titles and this season we have to play again against them in Supercopa final to win a title.

When has Barca won an undeserved title? The opposite happened. We didnt win when we deserved it to win. Only against Sociedad we didnt deserve the win. It happens one time in 200 matches.''

Xavi pk before Real:

''The team is very motivated, it will be 50-50 match.

I have the feeling everytime when Barca is strong, Real is strong too. Last year they made us the life difficult but we won 2 titles and this season we have to play again against them in Supercopa final to win a title.

When has Barca won an undeserved title? The opposite happened. We didnt win when we deserved it to win. Only against Sociedad we didnt deserve the win. It happens one time in 200 matches.''
2-0 in 10 minutes so much for a 50-50 match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans