Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanco

So Xavi is your new interim manager until the end of the season. Wonder if he will prove himself and earn longer contract like Grant/Di Mateo.

Messi983

Fair play to him for making the right decision.

Hopefully can finish the season on a positive note.

Have zero trust in Laporta to pick the right successor but maybe he'll let Deco do his job. He's the one I trust most at the club right now (no idea why).

fergus90

He made the right decision and I always thought he would step down if he truly believed he wasn’t the right man. It’s quite rare a manager resigns these days.

This season is dead, Napoli are 9th in Serie A so it’s a winnable tie but this team will get spanked in the QF.

Personally think him staying until June is correct because the club need to conduct a proper manager search rather than getting too giddy over signing an interim manager permanently after a month of good results.

Laporta’s legacy will rest on his next choice.

delancey

He made the right decision and I always thought he would step down if he truly believed he wasn’t the right man. It’s quite rare a manager resigns these days.

This season is dead, Napoli are 9th in Serie A so it’s a winnable tie but this team will get spanked in the QF.

Personally think him staying until June is correct because the club need to conduct a proper manager search rather than getting too giddy over signing an interim manager permanently after a month of good results.

Absolutely. The next managerial appointment will be crucial for his legacy. He knows this too.

Loki

Well that's it then. I never thought to say/write this, but with this announcement, for me, Xavi is even lower than Setien now. To make an emotional decision right after a loss is unprofessional to say the least.
You let the team, the fans and the club down. I don't know any coach, who reacted the way Xavi did today. It's pathetic and it shouldn't come as a surprise, because Xavi doesn't have his emotions under control. He gets booked in every game. I don't know what happened with him during his time in Qatar, but he was never that emotionally unstable as a player. I'm shocked.
That said, the season is over. The players will never turn the form around in a state of betrayal. Laporta can start looking for a new coach tonight and any interim coach won't make it worse.
Xavi is done here and his legend status got a lot smaller.

Temptation

I think Laporta just gave him the opportunity to save his reputation and mutually part ways with respect instead of sacking him.

Don't think it was Xavi's decision at all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This managerial shitshow should have no impact on his legacy as a legend here. He did his best, he just was not good enough.

If anything this entire situation have exposed Laporta as riding on the coattails of Cruyff, Txiki and Pep. The people going to decide our next manager is Laporta along with his brother-in-law, a former handball player, and Deco/Jorge Mendes.

Givenchy

How is staying on and prolonging this shitshow the correct decision? with all due respect, he should go now so we can get an intern and maybe end the season respectably. Laporta again showing what a fraud he is, living off past glory.

Will probably spend the remaining months sounding out Klopp in the media only to be rejected, then a desperate attempt at Pep only to hire Marquez.

Club needs to be sold to some arabs. I don't want PSG style transfers but the politics is going to anchor this club to the stone age.

Madrid are ruthless and act fast, they win CLs. We prolong out of some mes que un club virtue and we get spanked in CLs.

Loki

I think Laporta just gave him the opportunity to save his reputation and mutually part ways with respect instead of sacking him.

Don't think it was Xavi's decision at all.
I don't believe Laporta would be so unprofessional to throw him out 2 hours after the game. Such decisions are made in a quite and sober atmosphere, not when emotions run high. At least in a professional environment.
It feels like just another Xavi unstable outburst.

fergus90

Nah, Xavi has said countless times if he feels he can't lead the club he won't. Yes he probably reacted emotionally in saying it tonight straight after a game but how the season was going it's clear the situation won't be turned around.

Timing is everything in football, if someone can honestly tell me this club would hire an interim with experience that could definitely turn this situation around and the club won't react too quickly in making it permanent then im all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans