Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

delancey

@delancey

I think a lot hinges on if people see signs xavi is developing as coach. Then even if still not good enough they can bet on that trajectory to continue instead of opting for some of the new candidates that they rather not see or trust a lot. Xavi at least has the players behind him

Personally I am a bit indifferent and will see what happens. I am just not really excited about Tuchel.
I am open to the possibility of Xavi staying on another season IF that results in our next managerial appointment being the right one (and our games become more consistent and fun to watch). Like we saw yesterday. It was reminiscent of old school Barca.

delancey

Xavi only did improving since he came. First in the league, now in CL. If you look at facts, that's what happened since he came. The team improved in mostly all areas, despite obvious problems, most of which aren't tied to Xavi himself, but the mess left behind by the previous board.

Now, of course, it's possible that the club adopts the position of: "thank you Xavi for doing a good job and getting us this far, now we think it's time for something different going forward", and elect another manager to make the next step.

That is the board's prerogative. But for that to work, you absolutely need to appoint a better manager than Xavi. You cannot name someone that will do less than Xavi was able to do with these players.
To be fair, our style of play has not improved under Xavi, especially not on a consistent basis.

Windhook

I prefer to downplay this win, because, as I expected, Napoli are not the force of last season - managerial and motivational problems.

I'm happy for Xavi because he took a lot of shit from the media and achieved the optimum goal in CL knockout stage participation.

But this is as far as Barca go. We'd be lucky to get Dortmund/PSV.

FC B

Hard to hope for BVB/PSV or even ATM in the next round, this is usually reserved for Madrid or other clubs. I would be pleased if we avoid Madrid..... City or Arsenal.

Iniesta Ultra

Again finding enemies in his head and strawman arguments by Xavi:
"People didn't believe me, said that I was going to lose the locker room."

Just enjoy your win you fool and stop acting like victim.

He also said he was going to be fired had we lost. Sounded very bitter.

Loser mentality gotta say.

He reads social media obv. He's more concerned about maintaining a false positive image than his gimpball reality.

Messigician

Well I guess we can focus on the league now? 😬

It's a shame that Spain's 4th knocked out Italy's 1st. This Atletico will easily steamroll over any team in Italy apart from Inter. No match whatsoever.

And also being schooled by Spain's 6th, Real Sociedad, in the same campaign. Serie A is dogshit.

(Inter forum quotes, associating in Inzaghi and want him sacked because of his subs)

CatalinR10

Inzaghi , Pochettino , De Zerbi , Postecoglou or any other flavor of the month coach on Barcaforum , they're all gonna watch the CL QF at the TV.

You know who will actually be there ?

Xavier , the one and only.

mini_3200x2000_xavi-trofeus-camp-nou_WEB.jpg

Porque

Inzaghi , Pochettino , De Zerbi , Postecoglou or any other flavor of the month coach on Barcaforum , they're all gonna watch the CL QF at the TV.

You know who will actually be there ?

Xavier , the one and only.

mini_3200x2000_xavi-trofeus-camp-nou_WEB.jpg

Sergio Conceicao too. Played a good 1/8 tbf. Looks a bit like Xavi too so I'm gonna nickname him Porkchop Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans