Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

Ofc keeping Xavi for a one more season or two would be great if the club somewhow manages to snatch Klopp afterwards but this is whisful thinking, many big clubs will do absolutely anything to lure him in so why would he chose Barca out of them all? We didn't even know if Laporta is seriously after him atm.

Why would he choose Barca?
Cause after Lvierpool thats the only other option in a different country.. other than Madrid and they don't seem to be too interested.

It will def happen after Klopp takes a break for however long he needs.. and we are interested.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ofc keeping Xavi for a one more season or two would be great if the club somewhow manages to snatch Klopp afterwards but this is whisful thinking, many big clubs will do absolutely anything to lure him in so why would he chose Barca out of them all? We didn't even know if Laporta is seriously after him atm.
If klopp feels adventurous and it’s true when he says would never coach another english team than liverpool, it’s actually possible. Barca has great weather.

FC B

Why would he choose Barca?
Cause after Lvierpool thats the only other option in a different country.. other than Madrid and they don't seem to be too interested.

It will def happen after Klopp takes a break for however long he needs.. and we are interested.
Madrid are interested too, saw rumors of Florentino being a big admirer of Klopp for years. Madrid is a much more solid club and team atm and with a much better financial state than Barca. The good thing here is he always went for the underdogs that's why I think Barca has a chance but the competition will be very tough to sign him, no doubt about it. Pretty much everybody wants him.

Porque

With Barcelona Laporta will offer him a full culinary experience. While at Madrid Perez will only offer his favourite meal, egg and chips.

ajnotkeith

Xavi is going to stay if good results continue. He doesnt actually want to leave.
The announcement of him 'leaving' was his last roll of the dice to try and save things, but he wants more than anything else to succeed here and part of the outburst was his anger at things not going how he expected.

Last edited:

jamrock

If he stays one more season and we get Klopp it would be the smart move, obviously.

I think if given the chance, if we have our house some what in order, he would choose us over Madrid, because he seems to like being the under dog, only issue would be maybe he doesn't want to coach a pep team.

Xavi should go though the fanbase has been too unappreciative of the good work he's done, we have a fanbase that was whinning all the way to our first league title in 4 years.

Because we've spent a net of probably 100m euros sense he's been here, they expected too much, expectation is the father of disappointment, they all thought he was gotta be pep 2.0.

There were many valid reasons why we lost to Inter and didn't make it out the CL.

Many valid reasons why we are now 8 points behind Madrid.

The man isn't given a moment to fuck up and adjust.

1 league title
Help to Develop many youngsters
Turn De Jong into a competent Midfielder finally.

His biggest faults is that the football isn't champagne and that he signed Torres for way too much money.

All his other transfers are nowhere as bad as some make out, they all helped us win the league last season and if they fail we can get back what we paid for them, why? Because they haven't been complete shit the way some try to make up.

He's left the club in a better place than he found it, but fans only talk about the negative.

serghei

Ofc keeping Xavi for a one more season or two would be great if the club somewhow manages to snatch Klopp afterwards but this is whisful thinking, many big clubs will do absolutely anything to lure him in so why would he chose Barca out of them all? We don't even know if Laporta is seriously after him atm.

Of course many big clubs will be in after him. But he won't manage in EPL, and La Liga is the next best league. It makes sense for Barcelona to go all in for him.

That's what being an elite club means. Not just blabbering about "we are Barca we should do this... or that..." with not much to back it up. That's largely useless. Laporta wants us back on top? Hire one of the best 3 managers and bring the money to compete vs the best. Those are the real moves that make a difference.

We already have the talent part from La Masia locked in. And soon one of the best stadiums in the world, a new one. Time to move on the other 2 fronts that define an elite club. Securing an elite manager, one of the best, not a 2nd rate name, and fixing the finances to compete vs rest of the top 6-8 sides.

Do that, and then we can talk again about really competing for the biggest titles, beyond just snatching a La Liga based on hard work and underdog mentality.

delancey

It’s funny how an isolated positive performance magically changes the narrative on here. Suddenly a positive outcome nullifies all of the criticism of this season and last. It’s as if some lads forget about the atrociously terrible football we have had to endure this season and/or last (a few outliers come to mind, ex. against Atletico Madrid in La Liga a few months back). See, for me, that’s what it’s about! How we play! Titles are nice, but I watch Barca for the beauty of the game too!

This result is not a “gotcha”.

Anyone who’s watched a great majority of our games understands perfectly well how we so often slow down the tempo, endlessly pass the ball back and side-ways. Incapable of breaking down opponents who understand our tactics (or lack thereof). Utterly static in attack! Snooze fest galore! 💤 Imagine watching the same boring movie every weekend only to be handed a treat once every two months! Damn that treat feels good, doesn’t it? I think you get my point! Would you rather date 10 mediocre women (a title) or have one incredible girlfriend (beautiful football)? I know which camp I’m in!

What so often happens is that someone brings up our style of play and everything it entails! Poor tactics, inferior style/patterns of play, slow and static in attack, little variability, boredom, etc! Then… someone else moves the goalposts and counters the criticism by bringing up our La Liga title last season. Guess what? That title doesn’t mean that Xavi doesn’t have a lot to learn. He does! He speaks of attacking football, but so often our style of play is the opposite of that! But, let’s be fair…

On the one hand, Xavi is a winner. A competitor. Mentally strong! Overcoming the criticism as of late, and “sometimes” getting our squad to perform when it counts; it is not something just anyone can do! He is also a risk taker, one who believes in our youngsters! Koeman would have fielded our youngsters (what choice did he have?) and when they failed, he would have dumped the blame on them!) Yuck! Xavi makes Cubarsi, Yamal, Balde, Gavi, Pedri, Fermin, et al, believe they’re the shit! Mind over matter! Personally I love that quality in a leader! Klopp has this quality too! Hence why we shouldn’t buy players from teams with these type of managers! Combine this quality with tactical superiority (Klopp) and the manager becomes a gem! Add consistency into the equation and he becomes a GOAT (Pep, Ferguson, Klopp)! In short, our players follow Xavi, and that’s an important ingredient to have as a leader. Respect!

Another thing! Those isolated performances under Xavi, in which we play well and win? The feel good moments? Yesterday’s game was one of those. I think the reason why some doubted the performance afterwards was because so often this season, we’ve been unable to finish off the game. Cross and inshallah will only get a team so far! Anything could happen in the 90th minute! Trauma! But for me, last night’s game was a performance of dominance (at some points). At one point, we parked our cajones in their final third, and claimed the territory as our own! With youngsters! Xavi got it right; hence why I said “Good job Xavi” in a previous post. 👍👍👍 Getting results in Europe has been a huge point of criticism of Xavi, and rightfully so. He is improving, and that’s a positive. This does not negate the point that he’s still learning on the job! At freaking Barca! :lol:

On the other hand, what happens when we face a tactically superior team, such as Manchester City or Bayern Munich? Can Xavi replicate these one off performances against the very best? That’s what it’s about: finding weaknesses in the opponent and using them to our advantage. Seeing patterns of play instilled into our team day in, day out! Doing so consistently! And at Barca, doing all of this while making our games fun to watch! So far, that hasn’t been the case. That’s my major gripe with Xavi! That is, the consistent boredom of our football. 😴 Results have been so so, but the boredom has been unmanageable!

On a funny note, we just know that if Xavi draws PSV or Dortmund, and overcomes them, and then magically beats RM in the semifinals, and somehow wins the CL against Inter, he’ll be handed a life long contract at Barca. :lol:

@BJJ 😳😨😭
@jamrock 🤩🤩🥳🥳 best manager ever! So fun to watch! I told you so!!
@FC B Better to get eliminated now in order to spare us the misery! 😏😏😏
@Temptation 😈😈😈

jamrock

It's certainly a gotcha moment for @delancey who sat himself up for the easiest L I've even seen anyone get on this forum.

Just take it and STFU.

Writing message and tagging in members on how Xavi will not make it out the group stage, now u gotta write a book to try and justify your L. Lol

Last edited:

serghei

This result doesn't change much. Losing vs Inter last season was not a disaster if you look at context, and this is not a huge success. All of these are signs of a team struggling with issues and trying to improve, and doing so.

Last season we got a death group, had some bad luck vs Inter, and went out. This season, after winning the league, got an easier group, won it by beating Porto twice, and eliminated a normal last 16 team in Napoli to make the QF.

Neither of this is spectacular, nor terrible, just good for a team struggling with frequent injuries, playing with many unexperienced players, away from their home stadium etc.

Fans make a big mess for nothing most of the time. If anything, the only outlier for a team in our situation was winning last year's La Liga title. That's the only important event doesn't fit our current context, and it's an overachievement from the team and Xavi so early in their rebuild.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

It's certainly a gotcha moment for @delancey who sat himself up for the easiest L I've even seen anyone get on this forum.

Just take it and STFU.

Writing message and tagging in members on how Xavi will not make it out the group stage, now u gotta write a book to try and justify your L. Lol
Delancey is a disgrace. He's become a parrot for one of the trolls and twerks for anything anti-Barcelona.

Horatio

You're welcome
@delancey

I think a lot hinges on if people see signs xavi is developing as coach. Then even if still not good enough they can bet on that trajectory to continue instead of opting for some of the new candidates that they rather not see or trust a lot. Xavi at least has the players behind him

Personally I am a bit indifferent and will see what happens. I am just not really excited about Tuchel.

FC B

Of course many big clubs will be in after him. But he won't manage in EPL, and La Liga is the next best league. It makes sense for Barcelona to go all in for him.

That's what being an elite club means. Not just blabbering about "we are Barca we should do this... or that..." with not much to back it up. That's largely useless. Laporta wants us back on top? Hire one of the best 3 managers and bring the money to compete vs the best. Those are the real moves that make a difference.

We already have the talent part from La Masia locked in. And soon one of the best stadiums in the world, a new one. Time to move on the other 2 fronts that define an elite club. Securing an elite manager, one of the best, not a 2nd rate name, and fixing the finances to compete vs rest of the top 6-8 sides.

Do that, and then we can talk again about really competing for the biggest titles, beyond just snatching a La Liga based on hard work and underdog mentality.
Couldn't agree more but who knows if the Board sees it the same or if they do are they capable of achieveing it?

serghei

Xavi only did improving since he came. First in the league, now in CL. If you look at facts, that's what happened since he came. The team improved in mostly all areas, despite obvious problems, most of which aren't tied to Xavi himself, but the mess left behind by the previous board.

Now, of course, it's possible that the club adopts the position of: "thank you Xavi for doing a good job and getting us this far, now we think it's time for something different going forward", and elect another manager to make the next step.

That is the board's prerogative. But for that to work, you absolutely need to appoint a better manager than Xavi. You cannot name someone that will do less than Xavi was able to do with these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans