Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Funnier still: Both Lenglet and Mingueza are playing just fine now in their respective clubs after being ridiculed here.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Funnier still: Both Lenglet and Mingueza are playing just fine now in their respective clubs after being ridiculed here.
Mingueza is playing RWB/RM for Celta now because he is not very good in defense. Lenglet is still horrible whenever he plays for Villa and makes a lot of mistakes despite being good on the ball

BJJ

Its just one win. Its a big win for us because after a long time we are in the quarters.
There have still been alot of bad results and poor performances. Also it would help if Xavi had the right staff.
He came here waay too early. He should have followed the Alonso, Motta path. Gain experience at a smaller club where you can implement your ideas with much less pressure.
If we bow out in the quarters with our heads held high I couldn't ask for more. I always said our squad was good enough to be top eight in Europe.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Some great points made here on Xavi. I do think the club is in a far better position today than when he arrived and no question he has had a significant role in that. I do think the media, and regrettably local media as well, have maintained an agenda but this entorno is far from a new thing - it is merely magnified in the age of social media and you could visibly observe the toll it was taking on the club legend even before he announced his exit

Is that justified? Absolutely not but this is the ‘blood’ that Bielsa referred to when Pep declared he wanted to coach and so I do think there is a mentality/personality aspect you have to have to be a top coach who wins trophies & inspires - I mean apart from Pep who else can we say that about? Maybe a handful of others. So no, he was never going to be Pep 2.0 but certainly stood the best chance to be as close to a 2.0 as you could generate. On paper, he ticks more boxes than Guardiola but clearly there is a significant aspect Xavi has yet to demonstrate as a coach - the ability to maintain a standard of style & precision fans are accustomed to

I knew in preseason Xavi was not going to succeed at Barca due to how even after his 1st full pre-season to finally prepare the team in the vision he had in mind - they were sloppy with passing and there was no proper attitude demonstrated by the players and that is a function of coaching to have them hammered in training so that it can happen with ease in matches. But he has yet been unable to do that, I do think he should be succeeded but I would never say he has a weak mentality. He has won everything there is to win in football as a player and is arguably the greatest central midfielder the game has known. He is emotional, also like Pep or even Lucho, but the latter two have a different personality to Xavi. So the games ongoing between journalists is a shame bcause it doesn’t do him any favors but he is entitled to express his anger at those that directly & indirectly led to the increase in pressure & criticism and then claim to be fans of club. He should call them out and that I like in Xavi. He goes out but he does so swinging

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"It's so hard, they are one of the toughest teams we could have drawn," said Xavi.

"We've drawn one of the hardest opponents, but having the second leg at home is positive for us."

serghei

Inzaghi , Pochettino , De Zerbi , Postecoglou or any other flavor of the month coach on Barcaforum , they're all gonna watch the CL QF at the TV.

You know who will actually be there ?

Xavier , the one and only.

mini_3200x2000_xavi-trofeus-camp-nou_WEB.jpg

Fuckin' A. Can't beat facts. :lol:

First he stormed the league last season, 10 points difference ahead of CL champions Madrid. Averaging 2.5 points / game. Now in CL last 8.

serghei

Time for the next manager to try and do as well or better.

League title + CL semi / final / title, pending PSG and possible semi result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans