Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Yeah right, very accurate. "He almost went to United ....."

That was because he wanted a superb last contract. Everyone knew he wouldn't leave Barcelona, especially Ferguson. Ferguson Barcelona because of players like Xavi so no, I cannot believe they wanted to make a bid.

The crappy journo at The Telegraph, yes, he believed it.

Last edited:
S

ScelestusVerispellis

"...Who would cost around 20m pounds..." :lol:

Maybe for 20m pounds + United's starting 11 :gap:

D

David3nk0

Even if it was the same situation as Eto'os, where do you find an equivalent midfielder? To me, there is none! Strikers are always quite a many around...

M

Mido1

Am just gonna give my opinion of Xavi

He is the most under rated play maker in the world ( Even now :p ) . There are few players who can constantly have a 95% passing accuracy each game and Xavi is one of them. But what makes him difference compared to Lampard and Gerrard. While those two have incridible shots, Xavi specilized by being the most accurate passer. Also, I never saw any player who controls the game like Xavi lately ( The best overall is Zidane ). By controlling the game, means that you are the other team main problem.

He is almost a clone to Pep himself, making those unbelievable through balls. Romario used to say that he didn't care what's his position was as all he needed is to raise his hand and the ball will be delivered with Guardiolla stamp on it. That's the kind of player Xavi is, he knows when to pass, knows when to slow the pace or raise the tempo. Knows how to break organized defenses.

Am just glad his in our team and lucky that we're not facing him :)

Juan03

Am just gonna give my opinion of Xavi

He is the most under rated play maker in the world ( Even now :p ) . There are few players who can constantly have a 95% passing accuracy each game and Xavi is one of them. But what makes him difference compared to Lampard and Gerrard. While those two have incridible shots, Xavi specilized by being the most accurate passer. Also, I never saw any player who controls the game like Xavi lately ( The best overall is Zidane ). By controlling the game, means that you are the other team main problem.

He is almost a clone to Pep himself, making those unbelievable through balls. Romario used to say that he didn't care what's his position was as all he needed is to raise his hand and the ball will be delivered with Guardiolla stamp on it. That's the kind of player Xavi is, he knows when to pass, knows when to slow the pace or raise the tempo. Knows how to break organized defenses.

Am just glad his in our team and lucky that we're not facing him :)

couldnt have said it better myself, ur post describes Xavi perfectly:goodpost:

M

Mido1

couldnt have said it better myself, ur post describes Xavi perfectly:goodpost:

Am actually not being fair to him describing him like that. There are players who work hard to reach their status, but there are few that working hard doesn't matter as it runs in their blood. When you look at Xavi play, it feels to me what he's doing is something different. Kind of like when you see a Maestro pointing with his stick in a symphony. I just can't explain it :p

nebeer

Love is All
Am actually not being fair to him describing him like that. There are players who work hard to reach their status, but there are few that working hard doesn't matter as it runs in their blood. When you look at Xavi play, it feels to me what he's doing is something different. Kind of like when you see a Maestro pointing with his stick in a symphony. I just can't explain it :p

Again, very well said Mido. I absolutely agree.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Why was Xavi on the bench in 2006 ? We played Edmilson and not Xavi. Looking back now that's just weird.

FlyLo

Why was Xavi on the bench in 2006 ? We played Edmilson and not Xavi. Looking back now that's just weird.
Wasn't he injured that season?

edit: yep, december 2006, Xavi tore the cruciate ligament in his right knee. One of the toughest injuries in football and that's also why he was not nearly as good as usual in 2007-2008.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans