Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ BarcaFan

Its not fair to compare xavi and pep because while they both keep the game ticking over, pep was so much more than just a midfielder. He was the leader.. Xavi leads by example, but pep led because he gave off that aura. You could have given the captain's armband to any other player, and pep still would have had the same authority on the pitch. They are both wonderful players, and i like that the goal.com article is singing his praises. But i dont think he has surpassed pep.

I think the author compared Pep & Xavi as both Spain & Barcelona players and it so happened that Xavi won the Euro and Pep did not. So the comparison is in terms of achievements imo. And Euro being a major trophy in International football did it for Xavi, who became MVP of that tournament. Well, Xavi is a Barca Captain too and he definitely possessed leadership on the pitch with or without the armband.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
foto_368423_CAS.jpg

look at him, bossing around with all his trophies :D

E

Esteve

Xavi with his dog Tro, a four-month old labrador he bought two months ago. What a legend! Says Tro means thunder in Catalan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans