Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Wow, so much drama for some simple actually very fair words, here's the translations from http://emily84.tumblr.com/:

Xavi: Well, look, we have to suffer a bit, too… We can’t always win.

Q: You guys have gotten us too used to see you win.

Xavi: Yep…

Q: They were still worked up when they left, yes?

Xavi:
Yeah. Yeah, yeah. They were here in the changing room right now, all “aaaah” [makes weird face]. They’re unbelievable. They’re such sore losers [lit.they don’t know how to lose].
Was that a penalty for Alexis or not? It was, wasn’t it? I mean the first incident [not the second], yeah. It totally was.

Q: And Lass, at the 44’ minute, he should’ve been sent off, right?

Xavi: Yes, it was so completely obvious. It’s just that…I don’t get it, it’s like the referee refused to blow the whistle. I even told him… Man, you’ve just shown Messi a yellow, so why the double standards? [He didn’t wanna give Diarra a yellow] because it was the second yellow? Man, that was an obvious foul. It’s completely the player’s fault if he’s doing this criminal tackles.
Yes, it was hard, it was hard. We suffered more than we should have, I think. I mean, we dominated the game, but Madrid obviously… they had nothing to lose; they came here at a disadvantage [because of the 1-2 at the Bernabéu], and we held out for the most part, despite their tackles and their counterattacks, we dominated the game up until the 15’-20’ minute of the second half, when Cristiano scored. We played good football, maybe not to the same level as some other days, but we played well. These games are fun, personally I enjoy them a lot. I had fun. Too bad we had to suffer a bit there, and that the fans had to suffer as well…but this way we’ll be able to value more all the things we’re achieving. Sometimes we get confused, what with all the winning, and the way in which we’re winning…
In the changing room we value this victory a lot. I mean, like I said earlier, we would have loved to win 3-0 or 4-0 and be wayyy superior to Real Madrid. But it wasn’t like that. We were superior in the first leg, on this second leg we were superior until th 20’ minute of the second half, but they, too… I mean, they play well too! They’re, too, an incredible club, they want to win, they compete/fight very hard. That’s why it’s so hard, we are up against a mighty opponent, it’s not easy, not easy at all [to compete against them].

Clockwise

Buccaneer
sqjqr8.gif

Hahahhaha awesome gif BarcaGirl! :lol:

Yugi

Wow, so much drama for some simple actually very fair words, here's the translations from http://emily84.tumblr.com/:

Xavi: Well, look, we have to suffer a bit, too… We can’t always win.

Q: You guys have gotten us too used to see you win.

Xavi: Yep…

Q: They were still worked up when they left, yes?

Xavi:
Yeah. Yeah, yeah. They were here in the changing room right now, all “aaaah” [makes weird face]. They’re unbelievable. They’re such sore losers [lit.they don’t know how to lose].
Was that a penalty for Alexis or not? It was, wasn’t it? I mean the first incident [not the second], yeah. It totally was.

Q: And Lass, at the 44’ minute, he should’ve been sent off, right?

Xavi: Yes, it was so completely obvious. It’s just that…I don’t get it, it’s like the referee refused to blow the whistle. I even told him… Man, you’ve just shown Messi a yellow, so why the double standards? [He didn’t wanna give Diarra a yellow] because it was the second yellow? Man, that was an obvious foul. It’s completely the player’s fault if he’s doing this criminal tackles.
Yes, it was hard, it was hard. We suffered more than we should have, I think. I mean, we dominated the game, but Madrid obviously… they had nothing to lose; they came here at a disadvantage [because of the 1-2 at the Bernabéu], and we held out for the most part, despite their tackles and their counterattacks, we dominated the game up until the 15’-20’ minute of the second half, when Cristiano scored. We played good football, maybe not to the same level as some other days, but we played well. These games are fun, personally I enjoy them a lot. I had fun. Too bad we had to suffer a bit there, and that the fans had to suffer as well…but this way we’ll be able to value more all the things we’re achieving. Sometimes we get confused, what with all the winning, and the way in which we’re winning…
In the changing room we value this victory a lot. I mean, like I said earlier, we would have loved to win 3-0 or 4-0 and be wayyy superior to Real Madrid. But it wasn’t like that. We were superior in the first leg, on this second leg we were superior until th 20’ minute of the second half, but they, too… I mean, they play well too! They’re, too, an incredible club, they want to win, they compete/fight very hard. That’s why it’s so hard, we are up against a mighty opponent, it’s not easy, not easy at all [to compete against them].

wow, that is fucking fantastic comment

JonM

The only problem is Ramos. Iker will okay. He's a sensible guy.

Albiol, Arbeloa and even Alonso could all be dropped and it would not make that much of a difference so fuck them.

B

barcelonista

Xavi!
Even on Marca all the most liked comments are about how he's just telling the truth :lol:

Yeah, actually a lot of pro Barca comments regarding every topic on Marca currently (Mourinho blaming refs, his spokesman insulting Dani, Xavi's comments ...). I was surprised. But I guess the majority of people still use their brains, even on Marca.

Bionicman

Xavi: Yes, it was hard, it was hard. We suffered more than we should have, I think. I mean, we dominated the game, but Madrid obviously… they had nothing to lose; they came here at a disadvantage [because of the 1-2 at the Bernabéu], and we held out for the most part, despite their tackles and their counterattacks, we dominated the game up until the 15’-20’ minute of the second half, when Cristiano scored... We were superior in the first leg, on this second leg we were superior until th 20’ minute of the second half...
Judging from the comments on the chat and match thread, if some random poster suggested that Barcelona dominated the first 60-65 minutes, they would have been asked what drugs they were on. In the chat, most people agreed that it was lucky Madrid hadn't scored two or three by halftime.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well, the three best RM chances were the following:
1. Alves backpass which Piqué neglected
2. RM header after a wrongly called free kick
3. Özil long shot

Whereas Barca scored two and had a glorious opportunity disallowed (Sanchez being clean through on goal). I'd say we were pretty even, but our defense was like swiss cheese.

B

barcelonista

Whereas Barca scored two and had a glorious opportunity disallowed (Sanchez being clean through on goal). I'd say we were pretty even, but our defense was like swiss cheese.

+ a bad pass from Fabregas to a free Messi. We weren't that bad actually up until the moment Xavi mentioned. We started panicking once they scored and Fabregas wasn't really a help in midfield to keep possession, dominate midfield and make them chase shadows. Pique was shit as well but with Iniesta we wouldn't have allowed them to come back like that. NEVER. I'm 100 % certain of that.

JonM

Yeah I tought the first half was pretty even. Madrid's two best chances came from horrible giveaways in our zone and were not really representative of the run of play.

ricknattery

Exactly the game was even in first half, it didn't seem like that to many cules because we have invented a new concept for "domination" in football, we usually punish teams(even the biggest teams in Europe) with a possesion close to 70%, so they get very little chances against us, and we have control of the situation most of the time

M

mitkoa7x

Yeah, actually a lot of pro Barca comments regarding every topic on Marca currently (Mourinho blaming refs, his spokesman insulting Dani, Xavi's comments ...). I was surprised. But I guess the majority of people still use their brains, even on Marca.

ysra0.gif

Yaotzin

*heresy alert*

Is it just me who feels Xavi should start playing quite a bit less? He seems to lack energy, closing down less and less, and pressing is such a key part of our game.

Y

Youngie

Xavi was woeful against Villarreal but everyone's over giving Cesc a hard time. :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans