Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That's somehow true, but right now who else can play? Hleb? Still, he has been poor since the start of the year, hitting his lowest against Madrid (return leg) and today... I could not believe he was missing 1 meter passes... We desperately need him at his best as soon as possible, we look so lost without him...

The thing is that Xavi has credit for being awesome for so long and being among the best 3 players in the world for the last 3 years, on the other hand Cesc is a newcomer that is still making his way into the team and still has to prove that he's good enough... I don't doubt Cesc talent, but he's a long way from being Xavi, the man who every single culé loves...

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

Xavi suffers because he has no midfield partner on the pitch when Iniesta's missing.

Y

Youngie

well, he was the only midfielder who knew where to pass the ball, but it wasn't his best game. He had no midfield partner to speak of ;)

edit: wtf barcelonista used the exact same term

Yeah blame someone else LOL.

Yaotzin

I would play Thiago more, instead and/or with him. Thiago isn't setting the world alight, but he is very consistent in his passing and offers much needed energy.

I'd also prefer at least one youngster (Cuenca, Tello?) up front for similar reasons. Our pressing in general has noticeably declined, which isn't really surprising. It's an exhausting thing to do game in game out. We need to freshen up.

ricknattery

The problem with him is that he is playing more than 50 matches a year for 4 years. He has been the brain in this epic Barca team and something to praise about him is his physical endurance, I don't rememeber a major injury from him. But of course he is not a machine, this season he won't be able to produce the goods consistently if we keep playing him every game. Iniesta's injuries are becoming a big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans