Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsangel1

To me, Xavi has always been very dangerous in and around the box, maybe not quite as dangerous as Iniesta but still much, much more dangerous than Cesc. His vision, his quickness, his turn of pace and his low centre of gravity allows him to change direction with speed that gives defenders headaches. I know Xavi does a terrific job of controlling the tempo of the game from a deeper position but at times I would like to see him in a more forward position. I know we had to go for the win but I'm sure everybody saw the difference Xavi made in the final third (not just with his goal but in his overall play as well and link-up with Messi etc). When Pedro and Xavi came on, there just seemed to be more quality and penetration in the final third.

I don't know about you guys but I think since the last season and since the arrival of Cesc, isn't Xavi playing much more deeper than normal????? Is that one of the reasons why his assists are down??? Could it be due to the fact that he's made this adjustment as he's gotten older???I know it's also an effect of teams just being more defensive and parking the bus but I don't know if that's the whole story. I know Xavi is older now and I remember revisiting a game this off-season of Xavi a couple of seasons ago and it was remarkable just how much quicker Xavi moved (and with his pressing as well which he very rarely does anymore and in fact the whole team doesn't press as effectively as it used to). So would love to hear your opinion on this. Is Xavi playing more deeper since the arrival of Cesc????Should he be playing in a more attacking position at times, closer to the box????? I just think he can be very,very useful to Barca that way, I feel he doesn't move as forward as he used to....

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Ali_greateste.jpg

M

mitkoa7x

Cesc: "Xavi has an eye in the back of his neck. You think 'now they will take the ball from him' and they never do!"

:lol:

Galning

I think we will all agree that Cesc is probably the only human on earth that thinks they will take the ball from Xavi..

Ursegor

World Champion
Talking about his own standards. Just seen this:

Cesc in 90 minutes against Granada: 64 successful passes.
Xavi in 36 minutes against Granada: 58 successful passes.

:xavi:

abual3bed1

scoring in 13 liga seasons, which is a FCB all time record surpassing Cesar and Rexach records :worthy:

he failed to score in both 99\00 and 05\06 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans