Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

Cesc: "Xavi has an eye in the back of his neck. You think 'now they will take the ball from him' and they never do!"

The only way to play like Xavi is to scan 270 degrees constantly like he does. Cesc tries to play wall passes around the halfline like Xavi, but often does so without that chameleon scanning, so gets poached. Thiago has studied and emulated the Master the most, and it's why he's going to be the future orchestrator of Barça.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Also, another thing every midfielder should learn from the maestro is how he receives a pass... Almost every single time the position/posture he takes when receiving a pass gives him an advantage over his defender, he always manages to trap the ball facing to the open space, is just mesmerizing to watch...

F

Flavia

527806_389168614488944_2147473652_n.jpg

X

xaviniesta

[video=metacafe;9151512/xavi_vs_granada/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9151512/xavi_vs_granada/[/video]

abual3bed1

Tono had a really good night, probably one of his best nights in years. but still most keepers turn into super keepers when they play against us.

and that chance was really good and shame it didn't go in.

Zebulun

Ok so xavi and his awesomeness came into the granada match dominated the middle, brought structure to our defence, posession and offence. Is there anyone who can really take up Xavi's mantle for us? Given his recurring problems with his tendons, he should be allowed to sit out certain matches to prolong his career. Granted when we were struggling against granada, I thought to myself, xavi is needed as we need coordination. what would be our predicament if xavi were to get injured? will we blame the coach for not resting him enough? Our players really need to step up as having xavi is a luxury.

CatalinR10

Ok so xavi and his awesomeness came into the granada match dominated the middle, brought structure to our defence, posession and offence. Is there anyone who can really take up Xavi's mantle for us? Given his recurring problems with his tendons, he should be allowed to sit out certain matches to prolong his career. Granted when we were struggling against granada, I thought to myself, xavi is needed as we need coordination. what would be our predicament if xavi were to get injured? will we blame the coach for not resting him enough? Our players really need to step up as having xavi is a luxury.

Messi as a CM :pep:

BerkeleyBernie

It's going to be Thiago. He's getting there. But it wasn't just the lack of Xavi in that game. Thiago would have done a lot better with Pedro (who came on with Xavi) on the field as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans