Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Bossed from the bench is right, he is the king of the midfield

"I believe in this philosophy of ours," he says, "but years ago, because we weren't winning, people had doubts. Italy had won the World Cup; Greece had won the Euro. The Champions League was won by physical teams. And I thought, No, it can't be. Football is talent, you know.

For the good of the fans, for the good of the game, talented players should always play the sport. But I'm a football romantic, and there are others who only want to win, win, compete, defend. Hell no. Football can be very beautiful."

When Xavi ventures out into the city, older fans, the ones who know the history, stop him on the street, pulling him close. "They tell me, 'Thanks for playing football like that. You make me enjoy it,'" he says. "You can't top that for me."

Me neither :wub:

Ursegor

World Champion
ww9caw4t.jpg

WTF?!

:xavi:

Me55i D105

He needs to pass more through balls seeing as how he nowadays stops the play and looks for hours for someone to pass, like he lose his vision or is it orders from the higherups. Same with iniesta

Paganinisrvnge

He was good tonight but I feel like at times he and Iniesta slow play down too much instead of trying to get the ball forward before the other team parks the bus.

Me55i D105

Doesn't matter if he passes 1000 times, unless it leads to something they have no meaning. His passes today did more harm than good seeing as how every time there was speed it slowed down when he got the ball. But thumbs up on the passing that led up to the goal, that is how it's supposed to be, fast passing and one touch football without slowing down and dribbling or waiting.

pawanme10

With Xavi on the pitch I believe we were more methodical than magical.
He pulled the strings perfectly, he knew how to string the passes together in order to not lose the ball.
Yet, there was one moment of magic which resulted in Iniesta sliding it past the goal keeper. IMO, I believe we must attack more instead of staying in fear of losing possession, in these matches Cesc would have been a better option as compared to Xavi.

Note: I do know how important Xavi was for us to maintain possession. But, consider instead of 76% possession we have 66%, but score 5 and concede 2. Which is better? :pep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans