Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabby

He has to play 5-6 more seasons in almost every matches. I don't see the coaches will take that much risk to play him if we are to have his service 5-6 yrs more.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Almost 33 and playing non stop. This time on a bad pitch too.
I do wonder if Tito is pushing him to the limit?

Ursegor

World Champion
Soon 33 but still going like a machine, playing twice a week. People still underestimate his consistency I think. I never remember saying to myself: "Get him off the pitch, he's in poor form." In the worst case he isn't creating chances in the final third. But never do I remember him having an out and out poor game in the last 5 years. Messi is probably the only other Barca player who rivals him in this aspect. Valdes, Alves, Pique, Abidal, Pedro, Villa, Sanchez. Every one of them produced some unbelievably poor games. Even Iniesta and Puyol. But Xavi? Nah. Which is all the more remarkable when you consider that he can't even hide, being the man who's in the heart of it all, producing 100+ passes per game week in week out. Legend.

Ursegor

World Champion
he really should get a rest after the game against Atletico

It's hard to rest him. No one can control the midfield like he does. Especially when teams like Cordoba treat these fixtures like World Cup finals and harass us all over the pitch I don't see anyone else in the squad who can make sure that we don't lose control of games.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lost some respect for him when I saw what he said about Messi. He should have known what it would lead to, endless headlines and speculations. Not cool, Xavi, not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans