Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron101

Even if Xavi is fit and healthy to play. I still feel Thiago needs to start ahead of him. That's because Thiago takes more risk, dribbles more and doesn't choose the safer pass. Thiago suits this game more than Xavi. I didn't like the fact that Both him and Fabregas played with painkillers, I mean what's the use of our bench if they won't use them at all.

Even if he is fit for the game, I doubt he'll be fit enough to start. Maybe we can bring him on from the bench. Please don't make him start with painkillers or bullshit like that. PLEASE.

Though El Shaarawy did start in the last match right after an injury and did fairly well. Point is, a player can play well even if it's their first game after an injury (though being 33 won't help). If Xavi's fit enough to start, we might want to start him, but I think we should put him on the bench. And like I said, if he needs painkillers or bullshit like that to start... then please no.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Xavi assisted 16 Barcelona goals in the Champions League at Camp Nou #fcblive #ucl Including 3 vs Italian Teams (1 vs ACMilan, 2 vs Inter)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Since it's almost certain that he will start, I hope that he is actually ready and not just saying he is. That means 100% match fit, fully rested and energetic, and alert during the game. I'd still play it safer and start Thiago, especially considering we could use his flair and creativity in attack.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The problem is this isn't only the first match after an injury... it's the first match after his third injury in a few months. He hasn't even been fully fit once in over a months time.

spark

Im still fuming that they rushed him back for the Milan away game. For the second time in two seasons the important matches are here and Xavi can hardly run. When will they realize that he is 33 and the days of him playing 50 matches a season without a sweat are over. We have Cesc and Thiago and combinations of Busi and Song to use for la liga games. Points records are great but not at the cost of the champions league.

E

estranged

Oh dear lord please forgive us for actually thinking of starting Cesc instead of this man, truly blasphemous thoughts.

abual3bed1

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
With 82 wins, Xavi surpasses Raul and becomes the player with most European Cup wins ever #fcblive [via @pedritonumeros]

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Xavi and the whole of the team played like their old selves. If Xavi wants to play in these types of games (and he will want to) then let him. When and if he feels debilitating pain, he will stop, but he's too important for us. No one can do what he can do, not Cesc and not Thiago, no matter how good they are.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Xavi will not be finished for a loong time, funny how with proper movement around him he bosses like no other, It's the tactics/Messi dropping as deep as him which hurts him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans