Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unexpectedly visited a kid with cancer in the hospital after he heard him say on the radio that getting his shirt would be a dream
*barcastuff*

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I don't think Inter were stronger. Barcelona were wayyyy stronger but the fact that no team has ever managed to win the CL twice in a row explains it. They played them in the group stage and managed to defeat them easily. Worthy to note though that Barca were the closest to achieve this goal.

On the counter attack they were lethal and they were solid in defense, Mourinho knows what he is doing against Barcelona. Although pure brilliance has stopped him from achieving it consistently. You can't deny that without Mourinho Real Madrid wouldn't be as defensively organised.

Darko

Ibra lost us the game against Inter...
and yes,Mourinhos tactics were spot on but there is no perfect tactic,no special way to play,parking the bus is as risky as pressing and keeping a high line because one goal can undo your whole gameplan,while pressing and keeping a high line without dominating possesion tires out your players and can be costly if you dont score in the period of dominance
so please,enough of the "Mourinho is the messiah,Barca has been found out,Pep left because he knew that Barca is finished..." because it is not true
the truth is simple,we have been playing poorly and getting our tactics all wrong,Real and Milan have been the better sides and that is why we lost those games unlike for example the game against Chelsea

Ronaldinho

I don't think Inter were stronger. Barcelona were wayyyy stronger but the fact that no team has ever managed to win the CL twice in a row explains it. They played them in the group stage and managed to defeat them easily. Worthy to note though that Barca were the closest to achieve this goal.

I think MU was the closest. They were the defending champion when they against us at 2009 final

impeh

Hi, its me..
Roura (assistant): "Xavi is training with the group, his recovery is going very well, but we'll have to wait for the last training session."

Official: 19 players have been called up for tomorrow's game against Milan, including Xavi, who still doesn't have green light

As much as i love him, is it a good idea to throw him in? They did it in the first leg and he clearly wasnt fit and got quite a lot of criticism for the last few matches. (although i guess he wasnt alone for that)

Stric

He should definitely stay on the bench. Putting him in in the most crucial game of the season, while still in recovery, would be a really bad move. And it's not as if he's been just so incredibly good lately...

DavidVillano1

Heard an interesting debate on ESPN Press pass about Barcelona going with two holding type players tomorrow night to make sure they're more solid and don't lose an away goal.

Although I rate Thiago very highly he does have this tendency to give away stupid balls, which could be costly. If Xavi is not fully fit, should Song/Mascherano start?

Richard.H

In reality Xavi will start...on painkillers.

Roura will need to resign and Rossell will need to be exiled from Barcelona if such a thing happens ever again. Focking ridiculous to make players play on painkillers when there's an abundance of talent in the squad.

loozy

I do hope they take the sensible route with him and have him on the bench at first. He can always cone on later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans