Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Iniesta is 4 years younger and has only 1 less trophy. He's definitely going to end up as the most decorated player in a long long time. Unless Messi wins the World Cup of course.

Xavi is like the clockwork of this team. When he's at his best, the team plays infinitely better. When he's absent or off-form, the team can (sometimes) push through, but with struggle.

Yeah, Xavi had a great game in the 2nd leg against Milan, and, well... we all saw the result of that. Though a lot of that was also down to Iniesta and Messi having a great game, as well as Villa being Villa.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Xavi Career Stats (club+country, senior level): 784 official games, 90 goals, 184 assists.

BGI74YxCYAAaCYc.jpg:large

superb job Khaled! :worthy:

BarcaGirl

Xavi returned after ESP game with thigh muscle discomfort. Tests this morning. Certainly out for Celta game, doubtful for PSG game. [md]

But honestly the only one to blame, if he misses the PSG game, is Xavi. He wanted to play against France.
I'm really pissed. It's like Spain is more important to him then Barca. :angry:

Damn... really hope he's back for the PSG game. I can see Thiago or Cesc in midfield working though.

Xavi can still have a great game right after an injury though, as the Milan game showed.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He could use some rest anyway but as long as he's back for PSG.
Sad to say that even with Cesc and Thiago, we're still relying too heavily on Xavi.

aaron101

He could have just rested on the France game but he decided to play. what a bad decision. Xavi didn't have to force himself on the Spain-France game because Spain has a lot of quality players on the midfield. Iniesta can handle the midfield without Xavi.

The PSG match is more important than the France match. Now he is in doubt on that game. Again, bad decision by him. Xavi only needs to play the very important games and should only play if Barca doesn't have an upcoming UCL match.

he played on injections vs milan. It will be dangerous to do it again.

Wasn't that vs Madrid? Don't believe that happened against Milan.

If Xavi and Alba are both out, I'm guessing the lineup for the first leg will be something like this:

Valdes
Alves-Pique-Masch-Montoya
Thiago-Busquets-Iniesta
Sanchez-Messi-Villa

We should be able to get a decent result with that lineup IMO. I just hope we play well and nothing like how we played in the first leg against Milan.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

This is getting beyond a joke, the club should have put their foot down with the fa, as for vdb i'm very angry with him and Xavi for not only playing but being in the squad in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans