Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I heard he wasn't even called up, but insisted on going. And for those of you whining about how he thinks Spain is more important than Barca... it's country over club, always. I would have wanted to rest him this match anyways, hope he can recover in time for PSG.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I heard he wasn't even called up, but insisted on going. And for those of you whining about how he thinks Spain is more important than Barca... it's country over club, always. I would have wanted to rest him this match anyways, hope he can recover in time for PSG.

Then he deserves this and more.

Maria

Xavi returned after ESP game with thigh muscle discomfort. Tests this morning. Certainly out for Celta game, doubtful for PSG game. [md]

But honestly the only one to blame, if he misses the PSG game, is Xavi. He wanted to play against France.
I'm really pissed. It's like Spain is more important to him then Barca. :angry:

I would also blame the club..they saw what happend to him last year at the most important moment of the season and yet they chose to overplay him until January. RM had the same problem with Xabi, but Mourinho rested him even if it meant that he had to play Essien&Khedira or Pepe in the CM sometimes. Not to mention that there's a complete lack of transparency with Xavi and Puyol or that they extended their contracts until 2016 without taking into account their injuries or that sometimes they put their desire to play before the good of the club. And if only Spain wouldn't have won 3 major trophies since 2008..or if they wouldn't have better midfielders on the bench than Argentina has on the pitch..
I remember Pique saying that he believes that Pep left because they didn't won the CL last year, but he was probably more affected by stuff like this or by Rosell's endless war with Laporta than he was by the fact that we lost a SF in which we played good football.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Xavi: "I will rest against Celta on Saturday, but I will be available for the game against Paris Saint-Germian."

I hope this is what the doctors decided and not just him.

Maria

Xavi: "I will rest against Celta on Saturday, but I will be available for the game against Paris Saint-Germian."

The doctors also said that he shouldn't play more than 60-70 minutes vs France and we all know what Xavi did..

I hope so too. Tbh, I'd rather have Thiago or Cesc play than a Xavi who's not at 100%, and IMO, it should be able to get us a decent result.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Not to mention that there's a complete lack of transparency with Xavi and Puyol or that they extended their contracts until 2016 without taking into account their injuries or that sometimes they put their desire to play before the good of the club.

Xavi. :worthy: Playmaker, president, doctor and coach. :worthy: What a guy. :worthy:

Garrus

I would also blame the club..they saw what happend to him last year at the most important moment of the season and yet they chose to overplay him until January. RM had the same problem with Xabi, but Mourinho rested him even if it meant that he had to play Essien&Khedira or Pepe in the CM sometimes. Not to mention that there's a complete lack of transparency with Xavi and Puyol or that they extended their contracts until 2016 without taking into account their injuries or that sometimes they put their desire to play before the good of the club. And if only Spain wouldn't have won 3 major trophies since 2008..or if they wouldn't have better midfielders on the bench than Argentina has on the pitch..
I remember Pique saying that he believes that Pep left because they didn't won the CL last year, but he was probably more affected by stuff like this or by Rosell's endless war with Laporta than he was by the fact that we lost a SF in which we played good football.
Xabi alonso total minutes this season: 3006 minutes
Xavi hernandez total minutes this season: 2844 minutes

I don't know what's your story about bringing up the club administration and rosell in every post you make, It's frankly an obsession, The only one to blame is xavi himself, He's a respected veteran, Not a kid, The club can't make the decisions for him, He knows what's best for FCB, And he chose to go anyway.

Y

Youngie

Apparently doctors told Xavi that he should play max 60 mins vs France. He played the full game. Now he's injured. No surprises.

dostoevskij

This :xavi: i understand all this talk about him playing against france etc, BUT it was his decision and we have to respect it!!!

some people act as if Xavi wouldplay for spain with a broken bone and fakes injuries when with barca...

F

Flavia

Xavi Hernández, right hamstring strain

03/28/2013 12:42

This Thursday, the international midfielder had physiotherapy treatment.

Club medical services have announced that Xavi Hernández is suffering from a strained hamstring in his right leg.

On Thursday, he received treatment from the Club physios and according a press release, “His availability for the next match will depend on his evolution”.

Xavi Hernández had a similar injury in the same leg in February and missed a number of league matches plus an international friendly in Doha as a result.

Team manager Tito Vilanova now finds himself without Xavi, Carles Puyol, Adriano, Jordi Alba and Pedro (injured) as well as Víctor Valdés (suspension) for Saturday’s game against Celta Vigo.

No surprises... If he plays against psg, I imagine it will be again on painkillers.

Maria

Xabi alonso total minutes this season: 3006 minutes
Xavi hernandez total minutes this season: 2844 minutes
According to the oficial websites of the clubs Xabi played 3194 minutes and Xavi played 3023 minutes.
But..I never said that Xabi played less than Xavi..all I said is that Xavi was overplayed until January(which is true) and that Mourinho managed Xabi's minutes better. And we all saw in which state the 2 of them are right now.
I don't know what's your story about bringing up the club administration and rosell in every post you make, It's frankly an obsession
If everyone on Barcaforum has an obsession(starting with the refs and ending with Alexis) and they're allowed to criticize whoever they want, I don't see why I shouldn't do the same thing..especially if I feel that Rosell is a lier and Zubi is incapable of doing anything and especially because I don't have to ask your permission to do that.
The only one to blame is xavi himself, He's a respected veteran, Not a kid, The club can't make the decisions for him, He knows what's best for FCB, And he chose to go anyway.
If the club allows him to do what he wants and he knows that he still has his place in the first 11(as we see in his last statement), Xavi will do whatever he wants. Many from this forum were criticizing Mou when he benched Casillas, but he did what he had to stamp his authority in the lockroom..that's what Tito should do if we don't want to find ourselves in a situation similar with that of RM before Mou got rid of Raul.

Last edited:

Stric

Let's not forget that he came right back from injury for the 2nd leg against Milan, as well. And he was incredible. People were also saying how they'd prefer Thiago over Xavi then.

Most of you have valid points and I agree with them in theory, but I'm still amazed at this world of club football fans where people think clubs should apparently boss NT coaches around, prevent players from playing and where players would themselves decide to miss important qualifying matches in favor of resting for a league game against a team in the relegation zone. Country comes before club, deal with it. Would you expect Messi to decide not to play for Argentina, if he was in Xavi's shoes? Or is this just because Xavi is Catalan, so you think he shouldn't care about the Spain NT as much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans