Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget that he came right back from injury for the 2nd leg against Milan, as well. And he was incredible. People were also saying how they'd prefer Thiago over Xavi then.

Most of you have valid points and I agree with them in theory, but I'm still amazed at this world of club football fans where people think clubs should apparently boss NT coaches around, prevent players from playing and where players would themselves decide to miss important qualifying matches in favor of resting for a league game against a team in the relegation zone. Country comes before club, deal with it. Would you expect Messi to decide not to play for Argentina, if he was in Xavi's shoes? Or is this just because Xavi is Catalan, so you think he shouldn't care about the Spain NT as much?

I would prefer Thiago/Cesc IF Xavi's not at 100% or has to play on painkillers or whatever. If he is at 100%, then by all means, he should go ahead and play. Remember, he was bad in the first leg against Milan, as well as the cup game against Real. Like you said though, there's a good chance that he can come right back from injury and still have a great game, like what happened in the 2nd leg against Milan.

spark

I would also blame the club..they saw what happend to him last year at the most important moment of the season and yet they chose to overplay him until January. RM had the same problem with Xabi, but Mourinho rested him even if it meant that he had to play Essien&Khedira or Pepe in the CM sometimes. Not to mention that there's a complete lack of transparency with Xavi and Puyol or that they extended their contracts until 2016 without taking into account their injuries or that sometimes they put their desire to play before the good of the club. And if only Spain wouldn't have won 3 major trophies since 2008..or if they wouldn't have better midfielders on the bench than Argentina has on the pitch..
I remember Pique saying that he believes that Pep left because they didn't won the CL last year, but he was probably more affected by stuff like this or by Rosell's endless war with Laporta than he was by the fact that we lost a SF in which we played good football.

Pep was the one that encouraged this shit in the first place. "If Xavi tells me he can play I believe him" . For what its worth, Mou benching Iker was stupid. Adan was conceding every shot. If the cone Arbeloa didnt injure Iker and they didnt sign Lopez, that would have ended their season. We don't need to move from one extreme to the other. There is a middle ground between being too lenient with club legends and taking inspiration from a psychotic narcissist.

Y

Youngie

Since he got injured against Valencia on 3 february, Xavi has only played 5 games, including 1 of the 6 Liga games since then. [via sport]

Y

Youngie

Preserved for the big games.

Yeah. I see that Xavi is now training with the first team. I thought he was injured?

Xavi is training with the group #fcblive Barcelona B goalkeeper Oier and forward Deulofeu are also training with the first team

Galning

Weird to see anyway else but Messi take a penalty :) but brilliantly taken. He looked to the left and Sirigu fell for it.

Meitux

what i see is that he is afraid to play through balls nowdays even when someone makes a good move and i cant understand why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans