Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Getting ineffective more and more each year. I say the club should force him into retirement soon and give the reigns to Thiago.

Indignado

He did well, was one of our best players, but him and Busquets basically control the game. They can determine the speed of our attacks and it's becoming more and more apparent that they don't do that as well as under Pep. I remember Busi receiving the ball in the Bayern area and turning around immediately, searching options behind rather than in front of him and I thought he can't be serious.

Ronnie10

I believe that our decline is related to the Xavi, who's been aging all this time. If we are willing to rebuild the team, we cant hang on the Xavi who only left few seasons before retirement. I think we should give starting positions to Fabregas or Thiago.

R

rivaldo10

i hope that he dosent start next game at camp nou we need to attack from the start and he allways slows the game down with his back passing and sideway passing it seems to me like he dosent take any risk anymore

karthik

Its a shame that we quickly jump to question Xavi. Lets give credits to teams that had shackled our midfield well. Only Barcelona face such teams week in week out.

Tactially, I think the entire team does that slowing down. We hardly have any quick transitions and our wingers are not capable of threatening oppositions defenders either. We have no one upfront to keep the oppositions center-backs busy. They form a cute little bus of atleast 7 players protecting the heart of their defence and wingers and forwards come for their aid and our boys are too small to always knock it down

Happened against Madrid, Happened against Milan, Happened against Bayern.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I think it's time for Thiago to step up and take Xavi's place. Xavi is just not good enough, anymore. As already mentioned by many he take no risks and slows the game down. He should be our playing coach or simply just our coach.

I think it's time for Thiago to step up and take Xavi's place. Xavi is just not good enough, anymore. As already mentioned by many he take no risks and slows the game down. He should be our playing coach or simply just our coach.

Nah, I just think Thiago needs to play more and Xavi less, since Xavi's getting older and needs more rest. No need to give Thiago the starting spot yet.

Jaykob

Cesc will never replace Xavi , totally different player.

Also I don't buy it that his decline is because of age, his role doesn't really require athleticism, I mean look at Pirlo or Scholes. Physically he should be able to continue a few years

JamDav1982

Cesc will never replace Xavi , totally different player.

Also I don't buy it that his decline is because of age, his role doesn't really require athleticism, I mean look at Pirlo or Scholes. Physically he should be able to continue a few years

His role does require athleticism. In the last few years he and Alves have covered more ground than anyone else in the team.

There are barely any midfielders that get to 33 and still cover the whole pitch. They have to try and reinvent themselves if they are to carry on.

abual3bed1

If Cesc isn't really a replacement to Xavi, which so far is true then I don't see the need of keeping him. The style of play isn't gonna change any time soon and if it desn't suit Cesc or Thiago then both need to go. I still believe that Thiago can handle Xavi's role with more playing time and learning for mistakes. While Cesc will always be a more advanced midfielder that can't orchestrate the game like Xavi does.

Ronnie10

If Cesc isn't really a replacement to Xavi, which so far is true then I don't see the need of keeping him. The style of play isn't gonna change any time soon and if it desn't suit Cesc or Thiago then both need to go. I still believe that Thiago can handle Xavi's role with more playing time and learning for mistakes. While Cesc will always be a more advanced midfielder that can't orchestrate the game like Xavi does.

Well since Cesc, Thiago, Song, S.Roberto, Rafinha cant replace Xavi, they all should go...ohh wait

Kerrybai

We need to give Cesc the chance to reinvent the Xavi position within the Barca system.

Paganinisrvnge

Some of you guys are getting way too out of hand suggesting Xavi should retire. He's not THAT old. However, I think Thiago needs more playing time and Xavi should play only very important matches for Spain. Should retire from the national team after the world cup to prolong his club career. It did wonders for Scholes and Totti.

ShandyFFM

imo its time for the youngsters to take over like thiago and tello etc..

players like cesc xavi, pedro, villa, alves look very slow to me... dont know why..

xavi should retire after this season and become the official new coach imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans