Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rivaldo10

yeah since messi is the main guy who scores goals i think we burned him out and he sees it like a job and dont enjoy it anymore

football was fun for him in 2009

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
1 of the most stupid comments i've ever seen :lol:

One*

Not stupid at all, why should he get away with not putting the effort, because he scores goals? Yeah well alot of his team sacrifice themselves for him aswell. If he doesn't put the effort in, why should anyone else?

Kerrybai

One*

Not stupid at all, why should he get away with not putting the effort, because he scores goals? Yeah well alot of his team sacrifice themselves for him aswell. If he doesn't put the effort in, why should anyone else?
We can only assume it's the coaches orders. The other players shouldn't complain if this is the case.

F

Flavia

One*

He sacrificies a lot as well, as he played injured when needed and plays almost all games. You may not like Messi, but not being a team player is something you cannot accuse him of being.

Ode to Django

If you ask me, he played injured or w/e because he wants too, i think he has a huge influence. I do definately dislike him, i think his personality is very fake. Not the humble guy he's made out to be.

I wouldn't say my real feelings as i would get hounded by fanboys.

Garrus

One*

So this is your analysis on why the team isn't pressing like before, Because if messi doesn't care, Why should they....

rmdSx.gif

Ode to Django

Part of the reason, as someone pointed out in the Messi thread, hurts other players spirit. I know it would deter me from putting the work in, if i saw someone half ass it & take pretty much all the credit at the end aswell.

Last edited:

Garrus

Definately, as someone pointed out in the Messi thread, hurts other players spirit. I know it would deter me from putting the work in, if i saw someone half ass it & take pretty much all the credit at the end aswell.
Laziness is putting an absurd statement, Instead of bothering to analyze what changed with barca's tactics this season and how messi is involved in it, Just because you 'dislike' him or think he's fake.
Now i'll just assume you're trolling, And do what anyone will do in my spot, Walk out from the conversation.

Gennaro

Messi is the only reason we have won something this season. All the players, fans and especially Tito should be very grateful to him for that.

Doobs

The Messiah
Messi not pressing is also a tactical move. If Barca win the ball back quick, they ping the ball into him when the opposing defense is out of shape while attacking. His energy conservation maybe just another benefit. I maybe completely wrong but thats what me thinks.

Irish_Cules

Ode is right about the pressing. Messi not pressing anymore not only means one less player is involved in the collective pressing but also makes the rest of the players not press to their max. Whether he is instructed to do so or just isn't bothered anymore, I'm not sure. I'd like to think its the former. It's definitely a problem though.

Ode is right about the pressing. Messi not pressing anymore not only means one less player is involved in the collective pressing but also makes the rest of the players not press to the max. Whether he is instructed to do so or just isn't bothered anymore, I'm not sure. I'd like to think its the former. It's definitely a problem though.

I think he's instructed not to press. He's a team player, just look at what he did against PSG. Came on injured and carried us past them. Point is, he clearly cares about the team, and not being a team player is not something you can accuse Messi of. I doubt he'd not press (therefore hurting the team) out of laziness or whatever.

IMO, Ode's being harsh on Messi, and not pressing is what he's instructed to do. But that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans