Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Some of you guys are getting way too out of hand suggesting Xavi should retire. He's not THAT old. However, I think Thiago needs more playing time and Xavi should play only very important matches for Spain. Should retire from the national team after the world cup to prolong his club career. It did wonders for Scholes and Totti.

At 33 he is old for a midfielder that likes to cover every blade of grass, which the way he plays relies on.

It clearly looks like he has lost something and other players at this age have always had to reinvent themselves.

Y

Youngie

Xavi has played more key passes (29) than any other player in the Champions League this season #fcblive [via @whoscored]

Also has most assists (4) of any Barça player in the CL this season.

He's not "finished" just yet...

Indignado

People talk about how he doesn't make any risky passes but imo the worst part about him nowadays is that he doesn't track back.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
More bad news....

The boy to whom Xavi dedicated his goal against PSG by touching his hair has passed away

Classy move by Xavi to make and keep the promise and may the child rest in peace :(

footyfan

Calma, calma
Why should any of the Barcelona players press anymore, when they see Messi walking around infront.

He walks around because the others are supposed to press.....Not that I agree with the tactic. I dislike him walking around as much as everybody. I don't even understand what made them change from 2010/11, where everyone used to press?

BigBarcaBoy

If you watch the game against Bayern you will see Xavi doing a lot of pressing in the central area so let's put this lie to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans