Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
You might want to use "tore" here, instead of "teared," as the latter does not transcend directly from the present tense.
You're absolutely right, an embarrassing mistake by me. Not always easy when you're not a native English speaker.

Paganinisrvnge

"I'm sorry that Casillas has to go through all this..he's my friend and a good guy.
I am feeling good when I play every 3 days, so I want to play and win the Confederations Cup. We have raised the bar so high that everything seems too little, but there were a lot of years when we didn't won anything.
I think that when something is working we don't have to change it. Everybody is talking like we're in a bad situation when in fact we just won the league in a spectacular way..but it seems that we have to change everything.
I don't believe that Bayern or Madrid humiliated us."

Good positive attitude by Xavi but some changes do need to be made(not drastic, though) and he's in absolute denial. We got completely and utterly embarrassed by Bayern. It's not like vs Chelsea or Inter when you could say Barcelona were unlucky(moreso vs Chelsea as Inter were just phenomenal at defending) and the better team. We created 0 good chances over 2 ties and conceded 7 goals. Could have been more if not for some Pique heroics.

R

rivaldo10

his playing style slows us down big time in attack and that he dont go for the through pass anymore is sad

Butaan4barca

hell never reach the level of 080910 again, u can tell me what u want

He came into lime lights when he was stopped being treated as 'new guardiola' and was moved up and allowed advanced role. But will the emergence of false 9 concept messi started to drop deeper and deeper, Meaning xavi was the one directly influenced by the new messi-role. He had to accommodate in the bigger interest of the team. So he will in the following seasons (many more hopefully).

The team has grown better over the years. Perhaps we shouldn't compare messi-influenced roles with the old ones. He still is a very accomplished midfielder. Still the best in his position.

Which game you can recall, in which he failed to command the mid ? I remember none. Yes with age, his span of dominant play during a single game might reduce but for a 25 season games and with 70 minutes on the pitch or so, there is no one better.

Paganinisrvnge

This is a lie. If you're gonna post, at least be honest rather than making shit up to suit your agenda.

Dude, why the hell would I have an agenda? I wish we had won like 21-0 but you're in denial if you think Barcelona weren't completely outclassed by Bayern. Please show me the clear chances which Barcelona created because I don't recall any. I recall the team being as clueless as the first leg against Milan.

Indignado

Dude, why the hell would I have an agenda? I wish we had won like 21-0 but you're in denial if you think Barcelona weren't completely outclassed by Bayern. Please show me the clear chances which Barcelona created because I don't recall any. I recall the team being as clueless as the first leg against Milan.

I agree, are there honestly people who are still trying to defend such a disgraceful performance?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I personally think it's a tactical thing, the midfield is so clogged also with Messi dropping deep, what's he supposed to do.

kollegah

He came into lime lights when he was stopped being treated as 'new guardiola' and was moved up and allowed advanced role. But will the emergence of false 9 concept messi started to drop deeper and deeper, Meaning xavi was the one directly influenced by the new messi-role. He had to accommodate in the bigger interest of the team. So he will in the following seasons (many more hopefully).

The team has grown better over the years. Perhaps we shouldn't compare messi-influenced roles with the old ones. He still is a very accomplished midfielder. Still the best in his position.

Which game you can recall, in which he failed to command the mid ? I remember none. Yes with age, his span of dominant play during a single game might reduce but for a 25 season games and with 70 minutes on the pitch or so, there is no one better.

look at a random game some years before and look at a random game now, xavi is slower, less agile, defensively "lazier", not that dominating presence like before, you cant deny that. he still very very good, but not the god he used to be, everybody can see that. remember the game against arsenal away, and think about it

khorne

look at a random game some years before and look at a random game now, xavi is slower, less agile, defensively "lazier", not that dominating presence like before, you cant deny that. he still very very good, but not the god he used to be, everybody can see that. remember the game against arsenal away, and think about it

fair enough, but if xavi wasn't slower, less agile and defensively lazier now, it would either mean he doesn't age like normal humans do, or that he didn't play to his fullest back then. which either way is not the case obviously. The thing i don't get about xavi's role today, is why he is used so inflexibly. So he slows the game down, he plays more conservative, he doesn't go for the killer pass so often any more. There are games and situations where this is exactly the style we need to play, when we're in front and have to survive attack after attack, or when everyone's losing his head and the whole team is all over the place. play xavi when we need control, when we need to calm things down a bit, when we need to play it save. Don't play him when we have to do the power play and steamrolling. play thiago or cesc then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans