Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I made it clear that Milan wasn't actually a strong team ( our defense made Milan look strong). I was refering to bayern and the classicos.

They have been in really good form in 2013 (I believe the only games they lost were the 2 games against Juve and the 4-0 against us). They're a bit underrated imo. Still, we really shouldn't have struggled against them.

They have been in really good form in 2013 (I believe the only games they lost were the 2 games against Juve and the 4-0 against us). They're a bit underrated imo. Still, we really shouldn't have struggled against them.
Yes but, the Italian league has really decreased its quality. It's been a while since Italian teams did well in champions league. My point was that if with Xavi on the field we are underperforming, might as well give Thiago a chance. Thiago is faster and better shoter , finisher and dribbler than Xavi . Xavi is better than Thiago at passing th ball and keeping the ball (but even that part of xavis game has decreased) but Thiago should be given th chance to play these games to gain experience and become a better player for us in the near future. Yes, he will make mistakes and probably won't perform as well as we'd like him to but with time he will gain experience and become better.

misterplatin

The awkward moment when Barca fans realize that only Barca player in CL team of the season is Xavi :lol:

970097_638863486142337_1268290791_n.jpg

misterplatin

Fact is that the player who never gives a vertical or splitting pass is again the leading chance creator of a top tournament .Weird Barca fans' logic :lol:

2705Stats_blog.jpg

Statistics can be misleading. The question is? against which teams did he produce those assists? what kind of assists were they? were they easy assists? were they hard? There is more to what we can see behind statistics. Based on those statistics, laham ( who is not even a midfielder) is just as good player as Xavi when it comes to producing goal chances? if that's the case... i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Paganinisrvnge

>No Messi

:facepalm:

Xavi did not deserve to be in it.

IMO, it should be:
Neuer/Weidenfeller, Alaba, Hummels, Silva, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Ronaldo, Mueller, Messi, Lewandowski

J

jiopi

Show you what happens when you base everything on stats. He didn't even play good.
It's made by Eurosport who randomly picked stats for their liking. I could make better one, based on OPTA stats.

J

jiopi

Here's whoscored one, based on actual predetermined functions. Seems much more plausible

16ignef.png

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Xavi was never underrated, tbh. We only got three underrated players in our team and that's Busquets, Thiago and Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans