Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

fair enough, but if xavi wasn't slower, less agile and defensively lazier now, it would either mean he doesn't age like normal humans do, or that he didn't play to his fullest back then. which either way is not the case obviously. The thing i don't get about xavi's role today, is why he is used so inflexibly. So he slows the game down, he plays more conservative, he doesn't go for the killer pass so often any more. There are games and situations where this is exactly the style we need to play, when we're in front and have to survive attack after attack, or when everyone's losing his head and the whole team is all over the place. play xavi when we need control, when we need to calm things down a bit, when we need to play it save. Don't play him when we have to do the power play and steamrolling. play thiago or cesc then.

Quite simply, Xavi is getting old so for the staff and even himself to expect to be able to play game in and game out every season is a bit ridiculous. Literally he has played non stop for the last 5 years between Barça and Spain, and particularly at his age let alone any player, that's a lot on your body.

I think he just needs some serious rest to let the young guns get time, particularly in la liga. With a less strenuous season, Xavi will roll back the years like he never left.

Again in general, more rest and rotation in our squad will do us a world of good and keep our key players fresh and competitive.

ShandyFFM

“Thiago is an extraordinary footballer, not on the future, of now. I understand he wants the best for himself, he may not have the desire to stay right now, it happened to me also, but I’d tell him to be patient, he has all the ability to triumph here at Barçaa“

.- Xavi Hernández responding to questions around the*reported uncertain future*of Thiago Alcàntara.Read more:*http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news...s-destined-to-succeed-at-barca/#ixzz2U8HRhi5z

still dont get it why thiago didnt start the big games this season he as to make the next step but it rather looks like if barca wont let him.. xavi should have told tito to let thiago play some more games and if not the big games at last the games in la liga like lastweekend...... its a shame

R

reaper

Think Xavi has been extremely poor this season by his own standards. He plays a very hard position but he looks completely burnt out and out of ideas most the time.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If we start resting him more and more, this club will really benefit long-term from doing so. Its quite obvious that while he is still the best midfielder in the world, he isn't the same player he used to be. He is slower, and most crucially a lot lazier in defense with his pressing, something that is really costing the team's defensive shape. If he plays 15 games less and really starts to try and pass the torch onto our younger players (Thiago, Cesc), all parties involved will benefit.

It would result in more playing time for Cesc and Thiago so they have more of an incentive to stay since they are getting consistent time, particularly in La Liga. There is no reason why Xavi has to play a majority of La Liga games and if we save him for CL and the big La Liga games, I guarantee he will go right back to how he used to be. With more rest, he will should be able to press more in defense, be more mobile and active in attack which will increase our passing tempo that has been slowing recently (no mere coincidence). If we do the same thing with him and Puyol, we can get the best performances out of them when we really need it while simultaneously letting our younger players develop the potential they have, we will have both short-term and long-term success.

Really, really, REALLY hope Tito starts rotating A LOT more next season. That will re-establish our defensive pressing that is so vital to our style because players will be fresher while retaining match fitness. Hope he learns from his mistakes...

Elite-BkD

Overplayed yeah, and he could use some good rest, but this idea that he's declined in a massive way and that Thiago is better than him is insane.

JonM

Overplayed yeah, and he could use some good rest, but this idea that he's declined in a massive way and that Thiago is better than him is insane.

The people who say that will be the first to change their tune once we lose an important game with Thiago as a starter. "But Tito (or whoever is the coach then), how can you start an inexperienced Thiago in such an important game? So dumb!!11!"

Galning

The people who say that will be the first to change their tune once we lose an important game with Thiago as a starter. "But Tito (or whoever is the coach then), how can you start an inexperienced Thiago in such an important game? So dumb!!11!"

Although you are right about the overreactions. Nobody is talking about important games, he rarely started against poor opposition.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yeah a lot of people on here are saying Xavi is finished and that Thiago should take his spot...nonsense :facepalm:

Him and Iniesta are the best midfield players in the world by a far margin, with more rest, he will start making those beautiful incisive passes again that he used to do all the time and I'm sure all of the same people who were talking shit on Xavi will go on to say he is a god again...the fickleness of the mob

ryuken

What rest are you talking bout? Ppl are saying that play Thiago in the non important games to rest Xavi but hell no, it wont never happen. Xavi play almost the same amount of minute compare to last season.

R

rivaldo10

Xavi is not the same anymore and with him on the pitch our attack is slow. Put him on the bench and give Thiago a chance now.

It seems to me that he only cares about his stupid passing stats instead of trying the forwards pass.

It's not like Xavi has been able to help Barca win an important game this season . Didn't win one Classico ( la liga) and where humiliated by the first good team that we faced in champions. It's time for Xavi to step aside and use Thiago even if he lacks experience. How is a player suppose to gain experience without playing those important games? ( I'm not sure Thiago will stay, but if he does he should start playing the important games now )

It's not like Xavi has been able to help Barca win an important game this season . Didn't win one Classico ( la liga) and where humiliated by the first good team that we faced in champions. It's time for Xavi to step aside and use Thiago even if he lacks experience. How is a player suppose to gain experience without playing those important games? ( I'm not sure Thiago will stay, but if he does he should start playing the important games now )

Milan game says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans