Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

without xavi we cant compete in big games.
maybe not even WITH him but without him im sure.
That is not true... I love Xavi, but what is he adding to the team at the moment? He's no different than Sergi Roberto right now. Not providing assists or at least key passes. We need bloodthirsty killers and he isn't one actually

F

Flavia

That is not true... I love Xavi, but what is he adding to the team at the moment? He's no different than Sergi Roberto right now. Not providing assists or at least key passes. We need bloodthirsty killers and he isn't one actually

If he's rested properly, he still got it. That's the problem... he's stubborn and thinks he still can play a lot.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb

Yeah, finally someone figuring out the real problem, it isn't tata, it is xavi. If he were to play like he did in 2009 we'd win the treble.

It seems Tata is xavi-dependant. He doesn't seem to trust Cesc or Iniesta to play his role.

Yeah its more with Tata than Xavi i Think, maybe he have too much respect for him but that seems strange. I would love to Think that Tata would have gained his Contract just because he is good at dealing with all the big egos on the team.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Did you watch the game? There are no runs/passes in behind when there are 10 players in the box. The only way in (with a short team that can't compete well for aerial balls) is to dribble in or short 1-2 passes, or cutbacks from the goal-line. Even with that bunker D, Barça created some excellent chances.

Given defensive shape like that, expect more of the same from Xavi. He's not an idiot; Barça doesn't need another Alves "taking a risk" and heaving balls into the box for almost guaranteed turnovers.

Good post.

CatalinR10

BgTsm3nCUAA_5Sa.jpg

kostasgtc

It seems Tata is xavi-dependant. He doesn't seem to trust Cesc or Iniesta to play his role.
not only tata.
tito and pep never used cesc or iniesta (specially in big games) in xavi's role ,too.
there is no replacement for xavi in the squad despite he is 34.
although i kinda liked song in that role today...not exactly xavi but he was ok imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans