Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledBarca

Xavi will start for sure tomorrow and that's the wise thing to do against City!
If we're winning or if its still a draw --> Xavi will stay on the pitch.
If we're losing, Tata will probably play Neymar in 2nd half instead of Xavi with Cesc/Iniesta dropping back to the midfield.

barcanuck

Either way it's predictable and the control of the game and contribution offensively has declined significantly and I know Xavi will play all mins vs City I just don't think he deserves it over Cesc.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Either way it's predictable and the control of the game and contribution offensively has declined significantly and I know Xavi will play all mins vs City I just don't think he deserves it over Cesc.

Xavi don't deserve to start ahead of Cesc that's why Tata is gonna play 'em together.

kostasgtc

It was never about Stats with Xavi, he's role is to control the tempo of the game and he's still doing that!
Not as effective as in his prime, but he's still the best at it! He's 34? sure and that's why Tata is giving him more rest this season and which is wise. He didn't play the last game vs Rayo to be fresh and fit for this game vs City. He's play a crucial role tomorrow, I'm sure!
+1

Xtroverto

Today Xavi became the first player ever to reach 100 international matches won at club level, 87 Champions League (record), 7 Uefa Cup, 4 WC cup and 2 Uefa super cup wins.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He should have scored that pass from Alves... Other than that I think he was alright, yeah not his 2008 best, but good enough...

Armando929

Not vintage Xavi by any means but helped keep the attack flowing and didn't slow it down. That's all we can ask at this point.

Alik

I think he was one of the top 3 performers yesterday. Played very well imo.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

barcanuck

Meh game, that chance he had from just outside the box was wasted. Otherwise he complicated Iniesta and Cesc by forcing them out of position. Was screaming to have Cesc take his position and Xavi for Neymar after that red card. I reckon we would of scored 2 more.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Meh game, that chance he had from just outside the box was wasted. Otherwise he complicated Iniesta and Cesc by forcing them out of position. Was screaming to have Cesc take his position and Xavi for Neymar after that red card. I reckon we would of scored 2 more.

You reckon too much what if taking Xavi off for Neymar disturbed the tempo of the game and City would have taken advantage to equalize then everyone would have been off to sharpen their pitchforks and going for Tata's head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans