Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Nope it's a legit quote that he gave to Sport after Ronaldo signed for Madrid. In any case, The Guardian do not report fabricated stories.

F

Flavia

I was participating in a discussion on twitter about xavi's stubborness hurting the team. He doesn't accept he is declining, and that his awesome form few seasons ago was the reason for the midfield being so dominant.
He had legs he lacks now... and I see a lot of people who think like him, and refuse to see it. Many think he's still better than Thiago. And yes, he is. But only when he's rested. And there's no one to replace him in the squad anymore. That's a big issue a brave coach has to address. Limiting Xavi's playing time.

Paganinisrvnge

It's very frustrating that he thinks he can play every match. I'll be very disappointed if he continues to play almost every match next season. When that Happens we see a tired and old Xavi who doesn't make any threatening passes. When he's rested, he can still play at a pretty high level.

Alarcón

He is indeed stubborn but it's up to the coach to bench him or get a replacement for him. I think the cluelessness of our management (not only the coaches) is the main contributor to the current state of our midfield. They should have gotten a replacement a long time ago.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He had an ok game... But, correct if I'm wrong, any decent midfielder could have done what he did today... I mean, when playing along with Cesc and Iniesta, his impact on the game is more subtle and the game doesn't revolve around him as much, so isn't it time to start combing the market for a new midfielder to come in 2015/16?

F

Flavia

He had an ok game... But, correct if I'm wrong, any decent midfielder could have done what he did today... I mean, when playing along with Cesc and Iniesta, his impact on the game is more subtle and the game doesn't revolve around him as much, so isn't it time to start combing the market for a new midfielder to come in 2015/16?

I think this season was the time. The midfield of Xavi-Busi-Iniesta used to dominate for the monster Xavi was. Now it needs 4 midfielders to try to replicate that, and Barça loses a forward.

Xavi got tired during the game, and even started missing easy passes. He should recognize he's not the same, or a coach who sees that and have the courage to limited him should come.

Most losses, even against valladolid, were lost in midfield.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think this season was the time. The midfield of Xavi-Busi-Iniesta used to dominate for the monster Xavi was. Now it needs 4 midfielders to try to replicate that, and Barça loses a forward.

Xavi got tired during the game, and even started missing easy passes. He should recognize he's not the same, or a coach who sees that and have the courage to limited him should come.

Most losses, even against valladolid, were lost in midfield.

This is a very similar situation to what Real had with Raúl... A player with so much weight within the club (he was running things when Tito was "replaced" by Roura) is no that easy to bench despite their evident decline...

Unless he has an epiphany or grows balls as big as Puyol's I don't see him stepping aside easily...

CatalinR10

Xavi: "The season is good so far. Cup final, 4 points from lead in Liga and CL quarters. We'll see how things go. Criticism? This is Barça."

Armando929

Didn't really create much. Cesc and Andres created more chances and looked more dangerous for me. Xavi has his moments but he mostly just passes sideways and backwards now because he doesn't wanna lose the ball.

Playing safe won't win us anything.

F

Flavia

This is a very similar situation to what Real had with Raúl... A player with so much weight within the club (he was running things when Tito was "replaced" by Roura) is no that easy to bench despite their evident decline...

Unless he has an epiphany or grows balls as big as Puyol's I don't see him stepping aside easily...

He can still be important, if he accepts a slightly secundary role. That's the problem. Some of his recents interview indicates he won't. He wants to keep playing as he is now.

barcanuck

How hard is it to have a Cesc Busi Iniesta midfield again. Hasn't happened since the Rayo blowout. Him taking that free kick at the end after Messi scored last week Wtf Xavi stop trying to boss everyone you only limit our team. Love this guy and his mentality but coach has to put him on the bench 2 out of 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans