Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuleLife4Life

I understand his will not to play for any other club. After Barca, what else is there? He was in the best squad in history, part of the best football story, full of memories...you just need to close the book. I'm also in love with that story, but Barca has to continue and Xavi is no longer on the level. :( :( :( :(

I know. But he still obviously thinks he can play and wants to. He just realizes that he isn't at Barca level anymore.

I know he can probably make a big payday abroad after this season or whenever he leaves but I think he should think about becoming a player-coach next season. He plays as little as possible but is still apart of the coaching staff.

F

Flavia

Xavi “I didn't receive any offer from Guardiola to sign for Bayern" [Canal+]

Good to clear this up... I doubted it was true.

F

Flavia

Some more quotes from his interview to Canal+:

Spanish television channel Canal Plus had Xavi Hernández as a guest and conducted and in-depth interview with the brains of the 'Azulgranas', who gave his opinions openly on everyone related to Barcelona.

Messi: "Leo is already the best of all time. He's been the best in the world for the last eight years. I can't think of anyone like that, maybe Pelé".

Figo: "It was a shock, he was the best and he went to our eternal rivals. The equivalent now would be Messi going to Real Madrid".

Pirlo: "I like watching different central midfielders. We've got lots in Spain: Iniesta, Silva, I watch Arsenal to see Cazorla and now there's Denis Suárez, Rakitic… but when I watch Pirlo he's fantastic. I switch on for Juve games just to see him play".

With regards to his own future he said, "Football is my life, I want to carry on playing and if that's with Barcelona, which is my lifelong club and the club I support, then I'll be doubly happy."

He heaped praise on his teammate Iniesta saying, "He's the most talented Spanish footballer of all time".

On the various people that have coached him he picked out Luis Aragonés in particular, "He is the most influential person on my career, ahead of Guardiola".

On Del Bosque he said, "I was very disappointed not to play against Chile. The manager asked me to stay on for two more years after the 2012 European Cup and not to play after the Netherlands was frustrating. To leave the national team like that…"

Talking of his current manager, Luis Enrique: "I have the same feeling with him that I did with Guardiola in 2008. Good years are coming. He's a winner, a born leader".

dakt

Some more quotes from his interview to Canal+:

Talking of his current manager, Luis Enrique: "I have the same feeling with him that I did with Guardiola in 2008. Good years are coming. He's a winner, a born leader".[/FONT]

This sound really good, but I don't see that Guardiola like perfectionism. But then gain, that's Pep.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Pep had the perfect players for his ideas and philosophy back then. Right now Lucho seems to be the right guy for us.
I do not think Pep could win all those trophies (or even nearly as much) today. The opposition evolved and all key players (Xavi, Leo, Alves etc.) changed their game or are not even here anymore (Puyol, Abidal etc.).

neo_wolf

I do not think Pep could win all those trophies (or even nearly as much) today.

We won't be seeing anything like that again period. Many great teams in their history have that one span of time where they just hit their highest peaks ever, never to reach it again even though they have won down the road in the years ahead, Lets just hope they can be #1 again.

dakt

Pep had the perfect players for his ideas and philosophy back then. Right now Lucho seems to be the right guy for us.
I do not think Pep could win all those trophies (or even nearly as much) today. The opposition evolved and all key players (Xavi, Leo, Alves etc.) changed their game or are not even here anymore (Puyol, Abidal etc.).

Pep knew exactly what he wanted. To get rid of Dinho and Deco requires exactly that. So he had huge impact, but his biggest key was Lionel Messi.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Xavi really should have played. We had no passing game whatsoever. It was all miss-placed passes or passing the ball out to Alba to cross.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi really should have played. We had no passing game whatsoever. It was all miss-placed passes or passing the ball out to Alba to cross.

A bit like Xavi used to pass the ball out to Alves to cross last season.....

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
A bit like Xavi used to pass the ball out to Alves to cross last season.....

Atleast with Xavi, we had a decent(ish) passing game even when Tata focused on playing a direct game. Even if he was immobile and a liability in defense, he was correctly positioned offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans